The CookingBites recipe challenge: poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially said poultry, which is really more indicative of domestic birds (what I'm used to eating), but yes, that's fine. I've never eaten wild fowl but if you can make it look nice and the recipe reads in an appealing way I am okay with it. I've heard wild birds can be strong flavored and gamey. It will be interesting to see how it's treated to counteract this.

Also, FYI hints to all: I am an extremely visual person. I love colour and I love pretty arrangements! I also love when more than one variation ends up on a plate or multiple recipes culminate in a final, so if you do multiple things that tie in together that's a beautiful thing, but not necessary to be considered exemplary. Oh, and I dislike sweet potatoes (LOLOLOL) but I won't count you off if they accidentally make it onto the plate. I'll pretend they didn't exist and they were just regular taters, unless you do some odd concoction that can't be erased from my mind...and if for some very weird reason you think you should put pickles on the plate: don't. Unless it is a fried bird breast with mustard and perhaps mayo with sliced dill pickles on a sandwich...I suppose that if the other parts of the dish are fantastic I will get over it, hahahahaha!

One more thing: I don't care for organ meats. Okay I am done with my hints :laugh:

I can't give you a total laundry list of my likes and dislikes, but I am thinking this is going to be such a fun adventure with lots of entries. Glad I don't have a lot going on for the next few weeks workwise (so far).

One plate of fried chicken gizzards, with mashed sweet potatoes and pickles, coming up!:chef:

CD

img_1017-jpg-jpg.jpg

Chicken Gizzard and Heart Po Boy Sandwich

When I was first learning to cook and figuring out the boundaries of what I could and couldn't do, I made this sauce that involved adding vinegar to a bechamel. The result was something both creamy and tangy and went really well with chicken and noodles. I haven't been able to find a "real" recipe with the same flavor profile. I might try to make it this week to get some pictures and try to write up the recipe for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom