The CookingBites recipe challenge: poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackberry Sauce Baked Duck Breast

full.jpg

When I was first learning to cook and figuring out the boundaries of what I could and couldn't do, I made this sauce that involved adding vinegar to a bechamel. The result was something both creamy and tangy and went really well with chicken and noodles. I haven't been able to find a "real" recipe with the same flavor profile. I might try to make it this week to get some pictures and try to write up the recipe for it.
I love new ideas!

Coming up, I
When I was first learning to cook and figuring out the boundaries of what I could and couldn't do, I made this sauce that involved adding vinegar to a bechamel. The result was something both creamy and tangy and went really well with chicken and noodles. I haven't been able to find a "real" recipe with the same flavor profile. I might try to make it this week to get some pictures and try to write up the recipe for it.
Sounds interesting - I can imagine lemon juice would work too. In my experience, acids should be added at the end of cooking a sauce. They 'brighten' the flavour.

I look forward to this! (I am a big fan of tangy food.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom