The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have ingredients and an idea for an entry. I just have to do it. I had to buy a mini-fridge yesterday because my big fridge is not keeping food at a safe temperature anymore, and my new one is a month away. Cooking is not much fun when it is this much work.

CD
What's your plan for the mini-fridge once the main one arrives?

Kedgeree with Sprouted Matki

Onigirazu - Japanese rice sandwiches featuring sushi rice and nori - with whatever you want internally.

I give three varieties - raw fish & seaweed, western breakfast, and a vegan one. But the rice is largely the same throughout (other than potential natural food colorings), so I am entering this as one recipe.

View attachment 41477

Edited to bring in a photo. From left to right: vegan, tuna plus seaweed, western breakfast.
Wow, these look awesome.

As I write, the deadline has just passed. Please note that the countdown clock displays your local time count not UK time.

As usual, to see all entries listed with links, click on the cookingbites recipe challenge tag. I count 20 entries.

This is the first time since I've been here that I've heard that the challenge ends on UK time and not the actual local time.

This is the first time since I've been here that I've heard that the challenge ends on UK time and not the actual local time.

It always has been. It says it in the top post (GMT +1). I can add that that means UK time if it helps. We can't make it members local time because nobody would be able to work out when the eventual deadline was given that we are anything up to 11 hours different for different members!

In the past the judge has usually, in practice, accepted late entries.

Unfortunately the countdown clock defaults to members local time so that can't be changed. All I could do is post reminders in the challege thread to remind people how much time is left.

It always has been. It says it in the top post (GMT +1). I can add that that means UK time if it helps. We can't make it members local time because nobody would be able to work out when the eventual deadline was given that we are anything up to 11 hours different for different members!

Unfortunately the countdown clock defaults to members local time so that can't be changed. All I could do is post reminders in the challege thread to remind people how much time is left.

Glad we didn't waste our time writing up the recipes.

Well, next time can we please make it end not so early in the morning please? I put off writing up the recipes for the dish we made last night because I thought I had well into today to get it done. I had checked the clock yesterday to see whether or not I had time to do it today.

Glad we didn't waste our time writing up the recipes.

@CraigC @medtran49 if you need more time to write up and post the recipe, it's ok for me, no problem at all! :smug:

No worries - we are always happy to be flexible, I think. I'm really sorry I didn't post up a reminder sooner.

I put off writing up the recipes for the dish we made last night because I thought I had well into today to get it done. I had checked the clock yesterday to see whether or not I had time to do it today.

Maybe we shouldn't use the countdown clock as it is misleading.

We could make the deadline later in the day UK time - but that would be very early morning for some other members in Australia! We can't win. :ohmy: I think midday UK time was chosen because its a time which is not actually the middle of the night for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom