The kitchen gadget drawer

I have tried the strap wrench. The problem is I don't have any hand strength so anything that requires my "participation" is an exercise in futility. Thanks for mentioning it though. It may help others in the same predicament.

I've tried this. The problem is my strength and dexterity. My brain says "yes" and my hands say "not today". LOL Sometimes, I even have trouble with buttons and snaps. I've had to change my wallet from a snap type to a zipper.

What you need is a strong friend who can crush soda and beef cans in one hand and pull a Buick with the parking break set, with two hands.

What you need is a strong friend who can crush soda and beef cans in one hand and pull a Buick with the parking break set, with two hands.

I went through a divorce-from-hell these past ten years. I am completely cured of the idea of another relationship and all my immediate neighbors are other women. ;-0

Yes. There are a lot of novelty garbage gadgets to be had.

A friend just bought a gadget that was sold as being able to remove built up snow and ice on windows. We had a "tiny" frost the other day and it didn't make even a dent in it. Luckily, they were 2/$7 so she's not out too much. I just wonder how many other $7 sales added up to somebody's bank account for selling garbage. Unconsciousable. I make a point of never buying anything sold in an infomercial.

I went through a divorce-from-hell these past ten years. I am completely cured of the idea of another relationship and all my immediate neighbors are other women. ;-0

I would offer to trade with you, but here-about, I am surrounded by women also. I kind of like it that way, even if I get enlisted to do things like truck in a new refrigerator, paint walls, haul off junk, etc., etc. I find peace and quiet in my current situation and that's worth mountains. They aren't nags.

I wonder who doesn't have a Pizza Wheel Slicer/Cutter.

Reactions: mjd
I wonder who doesn't have a Pizza Wheel Slicer/Cutter.

do-you-go-cycling-me-yes-cutting-pizza-with-bike-cutter-tour-de-pizza.jpg

Scissors? For Pizza? Now that is a truly unique gadget for the Kitchen Gadget Drawer.
Actually I'm not sure I have used scissors for pizza but I can't see why it wouldn't work. I have used scissors to cut through the topping of tarts and quiches. They give a neater cut for food photographs. A knife can drag the topping down if there are large pieces in the topping. I remember I used scissors to cut the top of this tart:

Scissors...
When I was a kid, the few rare times Mom would try and make pizza, or when I'd get a frozen pizza, that's what we used, the kitchen scissors.

I don't remember the comedian, but there was a one years ago who did a bit about kitchen scissors and how his mom used them for everything from cutting hair to cutting pizza. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom