The kitchen gadget drawer

Tongs are another Kitchen Drawer Gadget that some might find useful, but I don't have. I use a Spatula.

They are not Tongs, but I always have Chopsticks available. I don't like the plastic ones and prefer the wooden ones, even if they are disposable. I can pick up a pea with chopsticks and even smaller things.

Where there's a need ...

I just received my new gadgets today.

ApplePinappleCorers.jpg

Pineapple and Apple Corers

ElectricKnife.jpg

Electric Knife

Does anybody keep Swizzle Sticks in their gadget drawer? Certainly some of the people who imbibe might. Or is it as James Bond would order "Shaken, not stirred?"

What on Earth are Potato Ricers used for?

Potato Ricer
Its much easier to get smooth lump-free mashed potato when you use a ricer rather than using a masher. My ricer has an interchangeable disc with different size holes so you can also use it to make spaetzle.

Having said that....I rarely use my ricer nowadays because I have a potato masher attachment for my hand blender that makes getting smooth mash easy!

The masher attachment is the white one second from right in this picture:
61E83pLNqmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Does anybody keep Swizzle Sticks in their gadget drawer? Certainly some of the people who imbibe might. Or is it as James Bond would order "Shaken, not stirred?"
Not in my "gadget drawer," but I do keep them in the little drawer behind the bar.

Back
Top Bottom