Recipe Vegan & Gluten Free: Cashew & Chocolate Chip Cookies

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
10:45 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I am subscribed to an interesting food blog which I have mentioned previously, Food to Glow, and yesterday a recipe for some cashew & coffee cookies landed in my inbox that mentioned the words vegan... and the more I looked into it the more I realised that it was also gluten free if the baking powder was gluten free. Now I only need the vegan side of life, but I know there are those out there who need the gluten free side of life so I thought I would try a batch. Well as it turned out 1/2 a batch.... and because I don't like coffee falvoured things, I switched it for chocolate...

Link to orginal: http://kelliesfoodtoglow.com/2015/06/08/cashew-coffee-cookies-grain-free-vegan-delicious/#more-8643

Makes 12-13 cookies

Ingredients
250g (1 cup) cashew nut butter or any other nut/seed butter or 1.5 cups of little roasted nuts of your choice
3 tbsp. maple syrup (I went with golden syrup here)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
4tbsp chocolate chips
pinch of salt if none in your nut butters
extra chocolate chips for decoration

Method
  • Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
  • Place everything in a food processor and mix until smooth.
  • It should form a dough, if somewhat sticky dough. Divide into 12/13 balls and press then onto the baking tray with a fork.
  • Bake for 10 mins or so. She says they don't go brown, mine did!
  • Leave them to cool completely before trying to remove from the baking tray.
  • Handle with care, and store in an airtight container.
I'll tell you what they taste like once mine have cooled enough in an hours time.

Oh - she also mentions that these are not diet food cookies, so you have been warned. :porky:

Back
Top Bottom