What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Ive been thinking about making smashburgers and I think I want to buy some sort of press for the burgers when they're on the griddle or pan. Something like this:
Cuisinart Smashed Burger Press, Cast Iron CISB-111 Amazon.com
Never made or ate a smash burger before

I have a Lodge press. It sticks terribly to the smashed meat. The Cuisinart one is cast iron, too. It will probably do the same thing.

CD
The Amazon link shows it with a little piece of "paper" between the ball of meat and the squasher! I guess that's the reason (I had to look it up. Lol )

The Amazon link shows it with a little piece of "paper" between the ball of meat and the squasher! I guess that's the reason (I had to look it up. Lol )

Yes, and I have a box of those sheets. They can also stick to the meat when making smashburgers. They are more for placing between burger patties when stacking them.

I wipe a little cooking oil on my "Hell's Handle" spatula and it works great.

CD

This has arrived today, but I haven't opened it yet. :whistling:
Wevac Chamber Vacuum Sealer..jpg

what happens if the item is larger than the chamber? can it vacuum seal bags outside of the chamber like the typical Food Saver does?

There is a measurement diagram outside on the front of the machine. It lets you know what sizes the bag to be vacuum seal should be from small to large (about 10 or 11 inches. It says that it can vacuum seal food outside in front of the machine for long foods, such as racks of ribs, large cuts of meat, whole chickens, veggies, but I'll have to see. I'll be examining it soon. :whistling:

Last edited:
There is a measurement d9iagram outside in the front of the machine. It lets you know what sizes the bag to be vacuum seal should be from small to large (about 10 or 11 inches. It says that it can vacuum seal food outside in front of the machine for long foods, such as racks of ribs, large cuts of meat, whole chickens, veggies, but I'll have to see. I'll be examining it soon. :whistling:
Just took it out of the box & everything appears to be there. I mainly checked for any damage & there is none. I'll test it sometime this week to see how it works. It look good, guys!! :whistling:

Mine is very well seasoned, so it should be non-stick. But, it does stick. I think it is due to the texture of the cast iron. You can get stainless steel presses. Amazon has a bunch of them.

Here's one... https://www.amazon.com/FANGSUN-Anti-Scald-Stainless-Non-Stick-Accessories/dp/B09MKJ1BCN/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1F4L8YYE2IH4M&keywords=smashburger+press&qid=1679353600&sprefix=smashburger,aps,133&sr=8-4

CD
Ahh now I understand. Thanks, I'll go with the stainless steel version.

This thing. My beloved main oven broke slowly over a long period only giving up the ghost recently. After 20 years together it was painful.
New oven is being installed while I‘m away (fingers crossed) but while waiting I was using two mini flatbed convection combi ovens. The good one also broke just before I left and I don’t really need another but it was so speedy and convenient (and cheap to run) I don’t want to be without one. So this is what I‘m ordering. Not pretty but it will just sit in the utility with all the other not pretty but much loved kitchen items. Apparently it preheats in 90 seconds 😮

Ninja DT200UK Foodi 10-in-1 Multifunction Oven

Back
Top Bottom