What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I got an all stainless steel, 6 inch diameter spider because our old one from the Asian market has disappeared and I'm tired of using slotted spoons to try to pick up shaped pasta or gnocchi or whatever out of hot liquid.
Spaghetti Spoon..jpg

Haven't you heard of THIS?!! It comes in metal & plastic (nylon). Hah!! :whistling:

Pasta Pot..jpg

I also have THIS; a Pasta Pot. Mine is in red though. The strainer lid locks onto the pot for safely pouring out the hot water. :whistling:

View attachment 98552
I picked up this nice-size Oxo Pasta Scoop at Whole Foods for only $10. It should work better. Hah!! :whistling:

And I DON'T want to put plastic or silicone in hot oil, besides the fact that we already have something similar and it's going in the junk drawer now.

Frankly, I'd rather have ONE utensil that can be used for multiple things instead of a dozen or more  gadgets just to have them and boast about buying/having them. It's just a little something I've figured out over many years spent in the kitchen. I have better uses for my money, like spending it on stone crab claws, oysters, thick cut rib eye, whole brisket, squash blossoms, white asparagus, porcini mushrooms, Dungeness crabs, geoduck, foie gras, etc. You know good things to actually eat rather than multiple utensils or gadgets that sit in a drawer or cupboard unused for the most part.

Last edited:
And I DON'T want to put plastic or silicone in hot oil, besides the fact that we already have something similar and it's going in the junk drawer now.

Frankly, I'd rather have ONE utensil that can be used for multiple things instead of a dozen or more  gadgets just to have them and boast about buying/having them. It's just a little something I've figured out over many years spent in the kitchen. I have better uses for my money, like spending it on stone crab claws, oysters, thick cut rib eye, whole brisket, squash blossoms, white asparagus, porcini mushrooms, Dungeness crabs, geoduck, foie gras, etc. You know good things to actually eat rather than utensils.
Spider Strainer..jpg

Of course, there's always THIS. I think that you mentioned it already. :whistling:

Presto Electric Cooker..jpg

Thought about getting one for THIS, but it came with a basket for steaming & for deep fat frying. :whistling:

Last edited:
Apart from replenishing the rotating supply of food items/ingredients, what would you say is the next thing you plan to buy for your kitchen?

Something big, like a new fridge? Something small, like a stick bender? Something in between?

I’ve been on the lookout for some attractive swing-top bottles, so I can make some flavored adult drinks, especially with the upcoming holidays nearly upon us. I’d also be able to use them to make picnic-friendly tipples in the warmer months.

What about you? Planning any big or small kitchen purchases in the near future?

The George Foreman 25810 Medium Fit Grill is something I'll be getting soon just because you can cook your favourite dishes in under 6 minutes vs my current electric oven grill set at 230 degrees. It's also quite small which would save some vital space on my kitchen counter. I found it on amazon for only 30 quid here's a link incase you're curious.

716cvMjBUBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Would someone in the know clear up the grill thing for me? To me a grill is a heat source above but not in contact with the food. So for example you’d grill the top of a dish to crisp it or melt cheese etc.

The George Forman Grill looks like an electric griddle or ridged hotplate.

But I think in Merican broil is grill?

Would someone in the know clear up the grill thing for me? To me a grill is a heat source above but not in contact with the food. So for example you’d grill the top of a dish to crisp it or melt cheese etc.

The George Forman Grill looks like an electric griddle or ridged hotplate.

But I think in Merican broil is grill?
Ahhh, yes that separated-by-the-same-language thing.

For us here in the US, this is a grill:

2DCFD3D1-8077-4B13-8991-93448C470000.jpeg

Weber

What you call a grill in the UK, we call a broiler.

Back
Top Bottom