What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I'm going the opposite way. I plan to put 20 or 30 kitchen knives on Ebay to find them a new home. The two knife drawers are loaded to the brim and far too heavy. I have more Chinese cleavers than most people have chef knives. I don't think I have ever used my Japanese Deba. I have a bunch of Wusthof and Shun knives that are never used. Time to clean house.

So that's why your screen name is blades!

So that's why your screen name is blades!
It is blades because blades are my business. They are what I do. I put the first 15 on Ebay, mostly Wusthof and Global. They are lightly used personal knives, however, not inventory. I do have a lot of kitchen cutlery, certainly more than I need or use.

Went to the nearest hypermarket as the website showed three tins in the right size for the full oven width. Only two were available and they were not good quality so gave them a wide berth and ordered one from Amazon with over 2000 reviews averaging 4.5 stars.
It was only €24 which is cheap but double the cost of the supermarket ones.

I really have no idea how this pan is so well reviewed. I haven't used it yet so it may redeem itself but it's just too thin. So thin I can bend the sides with my weedy hands!

Heyho it all hinges on the practical and my flimsy silicone Swiss roll 'tray' does fit nice and flat in it so I should be able to bake that meringue roulade without crying over spilt mixture 🤞 if it doesn't buckle!

IMG_0418.jpeg

It's what the market is selling. I'm not into lightweight either, but it's what most kitchen offers as even the professionals have to adapt to the market, as higher sales results to lower prices and the money givers are looking for the numbers, not how long the ocean will be clean and free of dangerous teflon

They have great knives in the low price segment. I don’t like to buy expensive serated knives, as they get dull pretty fast and I don't want to sharpen them myself, the professional sharpeners take so much money I could buy a new one

Went to the nearest hypermarket as the website showed three tins in the right size for the full oven width. Only two were available and they were not good quality so gave them a wide berth and ordered one from Amazon with over 2000 reviews averaging 4.5 stars.
It was only €24 which is cheap but double the cost of the supermarket ones.

I really have no idea how this pan is so well reviewed. I haven't used it yet so it may redeem itself but it's just too thin. So thin I can bend the sides with my weedy hands!

Heyho it all hinges on the practical and my flimsy silicone Swiss roll 'tray' does fit nice and flat in it so I should be able to bake that meringue roulade without crying over spilt mixture 🤞 if it doesn't buckle!

View attachment 101308
Looks like a deep dish lasagna pan with high sides!! Good, but I wouldn't make that much if it is. Too much for me, since it's only me!! I have two deep dish pans, a regular & a square, both glass. The deep dish square pan is just right for me for lasagna. :whistling:

Looks like a deep dish lasagna pan with high sides!! Good, but I wouldn't make that much if it is. Too much for me, since it's only me!! I have two deep dish pans, a regular & a square, both glass. The deep dish square pan is just right for me for lasagna. :whistling:
Yer it's certainly a large pan. I use it as a roasting tin and deliberately got high sides to help protect the food from the ovens seriously fearsome fan!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom