What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How wonderful! I am so jealous.

Well, the mussels was good but not so super as they said. Elegant restaurant, in the ancient harbor area ( very characteristic), but my personal point of view is : Genova is very famous for pesto and focaccia and walnuts sauce ( very great), so, mussels maybe are exceptional in other cities.

After gorging yesterday, just a snack today. Bratfud Bangla with rice and roti paratha. I didn't think it was very spicy but my lips and tongue are still feeling it.

bangla april 3 s.jpg

On Friday we went to a Filipino restaurant with 2 friends. Tin foil then banana leaves are placed on the table- the server served 3 different types of rice, coconut rice, stir fry rice and plain boiled rice straight onto the table-no plates or dishes, 1 huge meaty pork knuckle between 2 people, half a fish per person, calamari, 1 marinated chicken drum stick each, 2 huge head and tail on marinated prawns each, 1 little sausage each, veg in oyster sauce and a huge crab each. They understand the theatre of it, she took a picture of us and we took pictures of the food, she then took the crabs away to break them up to add to the table. You could use cutlery if you wanted but best to use fingers, finger bowls, napkins and wipes were supplied. Delicious food and a great fun. This is the entire table.

20170421_192709.jpg

That's really cool, Lulabelle. I've never seen a restaurant like that. Only the beachside crab restaurants that pull out a sheet of brown paper across a table, then dump a pile of steamed crabs in the middle.

But all of those different things? Mmmmmm.

And I love the idea of eating with your hands.

On Friday we went to a Filipino restaurant with 2 friends. Tin foil then banana leaves are placed on the table- the server served 3 different types of rice, coconut rice, stir fry rice and plain boiled rice straight onto the table-no plates or dishes, 1 huge meaty pork knuckle between 2 people, half a fish per person, calamari, 1 marinated chicken drum stick each, 2 huge head and tail on marinated prawns each, 1 little sausage each, veg in oyster sauce and a huge crab each. They understand the theatre of it, she took a picture of us and we took pictures of the food, she then took the crabs away to break them up to add to the table. You could use cutlery if you wanted but best to use fingers, finger bowls, napkins and wipes were supplied. Delicious food and a great fun. This is the entire table.

View attachment 6650

Fantastic! You certainly eat well up in Leicester - there isn't anything like that in Kent to my knowledge - although like Buckytom we have some great seafood beach-front places which serve seafood platters.

No veg, though?

Fantastic! You certainly eat well up in Leicester - there isn't anything like that in Kent to my knowledge - although like Buckytom we have some great seafood beach-front places which serve seafood platters.

No veg, though?

We were in Taunton Somerset, there is nothing here in Leicester. There was some veg cooked in oyster sauce.

That's really cool, Lulabelle. I've never seen a restaurant like that. Only the beachside crab restaurants that pull out a sheet of brown paper across a table, then dump a pile of steamed crabs in the middle.

We were in Taunton Somerset. There is nothing like that here in Leicester unfortunately. It was all cooked perfect and all good flavours, nothing hot and spicy. Just like the idea of doing something different.

That's really cool, Lulabelle. I've never seen a restaurant like that.

I eat like that whenever GF is out..but she usually gets really mad at me when she comes home and there are mashed potatoes and gravy smeared all over the kitchen table...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom