What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I eat like that whenever GF is out..but she usually gets really mad at me when she comes home and there are mashed potatoes and gravy smeared all over the kitchen table...
Maybe it's the difference between those who eat to live and those who live to eat!? Eating is such an indulgent delight that I feel they are missing out!

I eat like that whenever GF is out..but she usually gets really mad at me when she comes home and there are mashed potatoes and gravy smeared all over the kitchen table...

That's like the kids I was babysitting last night. One of them was eating the spaghetti with his hands!! All because he was too anxious to take a bath! :headshake:

Egg Aloo Mattar Curry - pre-cooked for tonight's dinner:

IMGP1879.jpg

IMGP1882.jpg

That's really cool, Lulabelle. I've never seen a restaurant like that. Only the beachside crab restaurants that pull out a sheet of brown paper across a table, then dump a pile of steamed crabs in the middle.

But all of those different things? Mmmmmm.

And I love the idea of eating with your hands.
It's called a 'Boodle Fight' and comes from a style of eating celebration meals in the Filipino military mess halls where all the soldiers dig in. If you search google images for boodle fight there are some pretty impressive tables of food to see, there is no set dishes you have to have, just what the chef cooks. I had never heard of it until a friend took Lu and I to the restaurant. It is certainly a great way of eating with friends as you all dive in.

There have to be loads of Filipino restaurants round NYC doing this kind of thing. For @morning glory - you are going to have to go into London.

I am doing a family bbq later this year and I'm thinking of laying out a bench table with banana leaves and just throwing everything on.

Last edited:
After a nice day of bad rugby, the Mrs. made Korean food tonight.

Dukbokki, steamed tofu purses, and rice.

Dukbokki is a sort of spicy soup of extruded solid tubes of wheat pasta and thinly pressed fish sheets cut into triangles.

Oh, yum, right? Lol.

But really, it's quite tasty.

Here's a stock photo of the dukbokki:

d1a4cfdbfb82c48e825eacc5b4b214ff.jpg

After a nice day of bad rugby, the Mrs. made Korean food tonight.

Dukbokki, steamed tofu purses, and rice.

Dukbokki is a sort of spicy soup of extruded solid tubes of wheat pasta and thinly pressed fish sheets cut into triangles.

Oh, yum, right? Lol.

But really, it's quite tasty.

Here's a stock photo of the dukbokki:

View attachment 6663
I did a google search on this and it's coming up to be spicy rice cakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom