What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I found the grass before I took the picture but then forgot all about it. I was just about to cut into the pork and realised that there was no grass. I'm thinking that one day I may forget the plate!

Fusilli with cherry tomatoes, dried tomatoes, melted soft cheese, some pieces of leftover raw ham,a little sweet paprika and thyme
IMG-20170424-WA0014.jpg

Last edited:
On Friday we went to a Filipino restaurant.....
There is a Filipino restaurant just down the road to me, but I've never even noticed it let alone been to it. It's had a few good reviews (plus a few bad ones for their English food!) on TripAdvisor. There certainly was a large Filipino community in the area (mainly nurses at the local hospital) but we never used to see any of them out and about. The only time we were invited out for snacks, it was to their homes. Maybe they don't eat out so much.

There is a Filipino restaurant just down the road to me, but I've never even noticed it let alone been to it. It's had a few good reviews (plus a few bad ones for their English food!) on TripAdvisor. There certainly was a large Filipino community in the area (mainly nurses at the local hospital) but we never used to see any of them out and about. The only time we were invited out for snacks, it was to their homes. Maybe they don't eat out so much.

I think you should try it!

It's called a 'Boodle Fight' and comes from a style of eating celebration meals in the Filipino military mess halls where all the soldiers dig in. If you search google images for boodle fight there are some pretty impressive tables of food to see, there is no set dishes you have to have, just what the chef cooks. I had never heard of it until a friend took Lu and I to the restaurant. It is certainly a great way of eating with friends as you all dive in.

There have to be loads of Filipino restaurants round NYC doing this kind of thing. For @morning glory - you are going to have to go into London.

I am doing a family bbq later this year and I'm thinking of laying out a bench table with banana leaves and just throwing everything on.

I'm going to have to look for a Filipino restaurant. I don't know of any Filipino neighborhoods. Thanks, Velvet.

Tonight will be pork in barbecue sauce, angel hair pasta with herbs (pasta roni), not sure what other veggie and bread pudding made with day old donuts and cinnamon rolls.

I will probably investigate it the next time I go to the area. I want to see how they cope with weird allergies first :) The photo of [part of] their menu seems to show a lot of fishy things :(. The Italian (Sicilian Italian) and the Brazilian restaurants seem more to my taste.

My favourite filipino food is the roasted full leg of pork. They call it "crispy pata". It may need to be ordered in advance. Well worth a try IMO but you need to be hungry!

Tonight will be pork in barbecue sauce, angel hair pasta with herbs (pasta roni), not sure what other veggie and bread pudding made with day old donuts and cinnamon rolls.

I like that idea for the donuts and cinnamon rolls. :chef:

Takeout Chinese for me tonight. A 1/2 fried chicken over veggie fried rice, and roast pork yat gaw mein soup.

I like that idea for the donuts and cinnamon rolls. :chef:

Takeout Chinese for me tonight. A 1/2 fried chicken over veggie fried rice, and roast pork yat gaw mein soup.
I used a standard bread pudding recipe for the base but left out most of the sugar.
2 eggs to each cup of milk and a bit of vanilla extract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom