What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just eat it with your favourite crackers (or toast?). And a full bodied red wine, of course. A Bordeaux perhaps?

[That piece would have cost me at least US$ 13.00 here!]

Last edited:
Just eat it with your favourite crackers (or toast?). And a full bodied red wine, of course. A Bordeaux perhaps?

[That piece would have cost me at least US$ 13.00 here!]

That's a good suggestion for starting.. :okay: as simple as that..I have some red wine "Cannonau di Sardegna", maybe could be good..
I have tasted a little piece of blue stilton and I like it! Seems like our gorgonzola cheese...I could try to put it in risotto..

Last edited:
The best laid plans etc.

In planning fillet beef steak for tomorrow I thought egg, sausage and beans on toast for this evening. I retrieved two slices of bread from the freezer, installed them in the toaster and then the sciatica started playing up again. I lost complete interest and my wife prepared toast and raspberry jam.

C'est la vie.

Today's lunch is Risotto with red wine
IMG-20170425-WA0003.jpg

It's a great topping for a robust hamburger. Grilling season is upon us, so I'm looking forward to making a 4-B burger: bison, blackened (spices), bacon, and blue cheese.
We just got Bison burgers in for the freezer section yesterday. Bringing in Elk and Ostrich also..

We just got Bison burgers in for the freezer section yesterday. Bringing in Elk and Ostrich also..

My wife loves ostrich. They're a little sticky, much like ground turkey.

Bison has a nice al dente bite to it, unlike ground beef. It's not tough, just a little more chewier, but in a good way that reminds you it was once steak. And they stay reddish inside when you cook them, so you think you're serving them rare to medium rare even after a long time on the grill or griddle. In reality they're just drying out before they finally look well done. It's better just to warn people that bison meat is best served medium rare.

I've had elk, but can't recall how it tasted. That was back in the drinking/smoking/snorting days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom