What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night's dinner: brined pork chops and Zatarain's yellow rice.

In the pan:
0425171624a_HDR.jpg

And on the plate:
0426170007a_HDR.jpg

I love smoked fish and scrambled eggs. Smoked salmon is a classic.
Hopefully I'll have some trout soon to smoke.

Considering the quantities of food that you cook, MG, I'm surprised that you have the time to eat it!
I don't eat very much of anything. Mostly, its other people who eat it. I always taste test everything though! I just made some croissants, for example. I tasted a tiny part of one to make sure it was OK. That is all I have eaten today so far. I can't afford the calories! Son, daughter and partner will eat them.

Am I correct in assuming that you like pork chops?

Meh, they're ok. :meh:

YES, I love pork chops. If lovin pork chops is wrong, I don't wanna be right, baby.

And yes, brined please. I heard there's a pretty good brining recipe floating around here somewhere.

Lol, actually, we only have them about two or three times a month. About the same periodicity as a lot of other foods: pizza, meatballs and skettis, chicken parm, bison steaks, chicken fajitas, meatloaf, sushi/sashimi, lamb chops, various Korean foods, etc..

I thought perhaps this was an exotic rice recipe I hadn't head of :ohmy: - googled it and discovered its the brand name of a pre-prepared packet. :oops:

Sorry, I should have said Zatarain's brand yellow rice. I will endeavor to be more clear in the future. I don't make money off of Google. :headshake:

It was just OK. Too salty for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom