What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You appear to be having far more success than I at keeping the egg yolks in the middle when boiling them.

I've tried doing the hokey cokey and shaking them all about but the yolks always manage to make their way toward the edges prior to solidifying.

View attachment 6747
Are your eggs a bit old? the white thins so not holding the yolk, and your picture looks to have a large air pocket, another sign of an old egg.

Alternatively it might just be the breed of Thai hens you use.

View attachment 6749 "Dirty" dinner last night.

:D:D:D

Feeling a bit fed up at the moment. Busy in work, and some stressful things going on. Eating alone most evenings (as him indoors is busy too) so loosing my cooking mojo.

Yesterday decided to go retro.
I want some smileys.
Yes, I collect them.
And back on topic, no clue yet but probably potatoes and something.

The Korean mushrooms looks like King Oyster mushrooms.

The whole thing looks like a very tasty Korean fusion dish, especially with the egg and chili flakes.

Yes that is a King Oyster. The mushrooms were grown in Korea. The mix contains (according to the pack):
King Oyster: King Oyster mushrooms have tan coloured caps, stem will be thick white / Cream.
Enoki: Enoki mushrooms have long thin stalks with small caps, cream or brown in colour (varitey dependent).
Shimejii: Shimeji have small ivory white/brown round cap (variety dependent) with white stems.

This is my first taste of kimchi! I absolutely love it. Its difficult to find here so I intend to make my own. I bought the kimchi from a shop in Canterbury - it is made and packed in Korea.

Are your eggs a bit old? the white thins so not holding the yolk, and your picture looks to have a large air pocket, another sign of an old egg.

Alternatively it might just be the breed of Thai hens you use.
No - not old. Some of the white you can see is yoghurt. What do you mean by the air pocket?

No - not old. Some of the white you can see is yoghurt. What do you mean by the air pocket?
I can't see any yoghurt in @Yorky's picture.

When you hard boil an egg and peel it there is always a small pocket of air in it, clear in @Yorky's photo. The older the egg the bigger the pocket.

Oh success, how sweet you taste. I made Nigella’s Tagliata steak tonight.

As she was eating it a little absent mindedly, I, cautiously, nervously, asked “Is it okay?”. At first a little non-committal shrug and a brief pursing of the lips. You know, the sort of “it’s okay” kind of gesture. Disappointment was lurking, wearing a very smug grin. Ah, but to understand what she said next, you have to know that there is a family event coming up in a month or so. “You could do that when [family] come.”

Bulls Eye!!! Zing!!! She like’s it!!!!

Thanks Nigella, I owe you one.

IMG_1034.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom