What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a sandwich at the airport...I was thinking about a salad but while I was reaching the restaurant I had an illumination: "Burger King"....dear salad, I'll find you in my Double Whopper! Yummy :okay:

I had a hankerin' for Burger King last night. I got the 2 cheeseburger, fries, and a diet coke deal, and bought a side salad. The side salad went on the cheeseburgers to fill them out. The entire meal was very filling for about $5.

@Cinisajoy

Is that because you bought pre-cooked steaks? I've seen pre-cooked, vacuum sealed prime rib with a little gravy in the supermarket recently. I'd try one if it were on a big sale.

Mod Edit: removed deleted content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh success, how sweet you taste. I made Nigella’s Tagliata steak tonight.

As she was eating it a little absent mindedly, I, cautiously, nervously, asked “Is it okay?”. At first a little non-committal shrug and a brief pursing of the lips. You know, the sort of “it’s okay” kind of gesture. Disappointment was lurking, wearing a very smug grin. Ah, but to understand what she said next, you have to know that there is a family event coming up in a month or so. “You could do that when [family] come.”

Bulls Eye!!! Zing!!! She like’s it!!!!

Thanks Nigella, I owe you one.

View attachment 6757

High praise when they suggest it's good enough for company. Well done.

Yes that is a King Oyster. The mushrooms were grown in Korea. The mix contains (according to the pack):
King Oyster: King Oyster mushrooms have tan coloured caps, stem will be thick white / Cream.
Enoki: Enoki mushrooms have long thin stalks with small caps, cream or brown in colour (varitey dependent).
Shimejii: Shimeji have small ivory white/brown round cap (variety dependent) with white stems.

This is my first taste of kimchi! I absolutely love it. Its difficult to find here so I intend to make my own. I bought the kimchi from a shop in Canterbury - it is made and packed in Korea.

Those are the mushrooms that I often use in my tofu/yakitori stir fry, along with shiitakes.

I just bought some King Oysters to slice, marinate in Italian salad dressing, and grill.

So you like stinky kimchi! :thumbsup:

I love a good, spicy, well fermented cabbage kimchi. My wife will only eat the fresh stuff if it is barely cured and mild.

Since you like cabbage kimchi, you should try other veggies like cucumber, carrot, or radish kimchi.

The Mrs. made sausage, peppers, and onions tonight, served on long, soft rolls.

I will be taking mine to work later, adding a spoonful of tomato sauce, and a good sprinkling of grated romano cheese.

There is something about soft rolls. I know we should all be eating wholegrain etc. But when you say 'long, soft rolls' ...

Are your eggs a bit old? the white thins so not holding the yolk, and your picture looks to have a large air pocket, another sign of an old egg.

Alternatively it might just be the breed of Thai hens you use.

Eggs were bought from the market last Monday but we've no idea how old they were then (unlikely to be more than a day or two). And they're duck eggs.

Just getting home. I've been having a heck of a time with the gas company..my meter is spinning like a top even when we have shut all of the gas off to the building. Spending more time on the phone threatening people and trying to make my red, tomato head explode. Had a certified gas technician in tonight after close and he didn't find any leaks.....the gas company said they will investigate and it will get back to me in ninety days. Ninety Days??? My gas bill was 3000 dollars higher than normal. Anyway, to make a long story longer, I'm heading out to the local for some pub grub and a few glasses of ale....thanks for letting me vent...

Just getting home. I've been having a heck of a time with the gas company..my meter is spinning like a top even when we have shut all of the gas off to the building. Spending more time on the phone threatening people and trying to make my red, tomato head explode. Had a certified gas technician in tonight after close and he didn't find any leaks.....the gas company said they will investigate and it will get back to me in ninety days. Ninety Days??? My gas bill was 3000 dollars higher than normal. Anyway, to make a long story longer, I'm heading out to the local for some pub grub and a few glasses of ale....thanks for letting me vent...

Wow, that sucks. 90 days for a gas leak?

You don't smoke, do you?

Just remember, natural gas sinks, so check the basement. With a flashlight. A rubberized one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom