What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 cloves of peeled crushed garlic, no onion, chicken lightly floured and then in the pan with evo and rosemary..then 2 glasses of marsala..a pinch of salt and ready. As simple as that.
And you reduce the Marsala for a while?

I've cooked chicken with low flame. I've added half glass of marsala to seasoned,then I've added all marsala and cooked with high flame to reduce it.
Sounds good. Marsala reminds me of a liquor called Creme al Uovo. We used to have it at the Bar I had in Frosinone..

As side dish turnip greens..I'm not sure this is the right translate for "cime di rapa"...

Its related to turnips - known as broccoli raab in UK but not seen very often...

http://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/item_1718d_broccoli_raab_cima_di_rapa_seeds
img_10687_6539.jpg

Broccoli, Raab, 'Cima di Rapa'
Broccoli, Raab, Rapini
recommended.png

Hugely popular in the Mediterranean, this little known vegetable is eaten when the heads are young, looking a little like sprouting broccoli. The flavour is somewhere between that of broccoli and spinach, but with a lovely tangy mustard tone (that gives away its relation to the turnip!) Very quick, around 40 days from sowing, and easy to grow, it also requires little space making it perfect for pots. Our variety has been specially selected for the vaguaries of the British climate. 1½ft (45cm)

Price: £1.95 per packet of seeds

Last edited by a moderator:
Its related to turnips - known as broccoli raab in UK but not seen very often...
img_10687_6539.jpg

Broccoli, Raab, Rapini
recommended.png

Hugely popular in the Mediterranean, this little known vegetable is eaten when the heads are young, looking a little like sprouting broccoli. The flavour is somewhere between that of broccoli and spinach, but with a lovely tangy mustard tone (that gives away its relation to the turnip!) Very quick, around 40 days from sowing, and easy to grow, it also requires little space making it perfect for pots. Our variety has been specially selected for the vaguaries of the British climate. 1½ft (45cm)

Thank you :okay:.. I prepared them boiled as side dish, with 1 chili pepper, 2 anchovies that then they will melt, extra virgin oil...when I was a child I hate them! Now I like them so much...they are perfect with pasta pugliese "orecchiette".
20170429_124228.jpg

Sounds good. Marsala reminds me of a liquor called Creme al Uovo. We used to have it at the Bar I had in Frosinone..

Crema all'uovo reminds me Zabaione (VOV), a cream made with eggs and a lot of sugar,sometimes add with a bit of coffee...you mean this?

Last edited:
img_10687_6539.jpg

Broccoli, Raab, Rapini
recommended.png

Should be a visible link to the site, to avoid copyright issues.

Mmmm, zabaglione.
A local Italian bakery makes a dessert called canneloni zabaglione.

It's a canneloni filled with the sweet wine custard, then it's covered in chocolate and rolled in crushed hazelnuts.

Mmmm, zabaglione.
A local Italian bakery makes a dessert called canneloni zabaglione.

It's a canneloni filled with the sweet wine custard, then it's covered in chocolate and rolled in crushed hazelnuts.

Sweet cannelloni with zabaione? mmm...maybe because I don't like so much zabaione, but seems to me too much sweet!

It is cloyingly sweet. You need a nice espresso to go with it.

And a mini-Marathon after :happy:
Zabaione was a must in the 60/70s..I think is still used for filled some brioches, as maritozzo with cream (Love!) or zabaione (go away!), mostly in Roma area or Sicilia..maybe there are other s weets with zabaione but I don't want to hear :headphone:

Yes, I remember seeing a TV show about that disaster. Such a tragedy.

Do you live near there?
My granddad skipped school that day to work. When he heard the explosion, he went and helped in the rescue efforts. He was 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom