What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that sucks. 90 days for a gas leak?

You don't smoke, do you?

Just remember, natural gas sinks, so check the basement. With a flashlight. A rubberized one.
Had the technician come by twice...he is a regular of ours so we know him well. He gave the place a good going over and has no idea why the meter is still registering gas use.. it was even rolling over after we shut all of the gas lines off to the deli...the gas company doesn't seem to feel it is urgent at all. No smells around, inside or out. The main problem is fighting with the "agents' on the phone. every time you call them it is a new person and you have to explain yourself like they have never heard of you before...gotta love big corporations...
To make matters worse, we had a crappy dinner. Had to send raw chicken wings back...they nuked them. Trying to tell us it is the fault of the wing company.
falling-down-pic-8.jpg

Last edited:
I hear ya. And the picture is quite appropriate from the movie.

You should get a case #, or ticket #, or some kind of reference so that you don't have to 'splain everything to first level support everytime.

Don't gas companies have sniffers? Some kind of device that senses leaks?
Natural gas is stained with some stinky stuff called mercaptan. I'm not sure if that's what they sense for.

I hear ya. And the picture is quite appropriate from the movie.

You should get a case #, or ticket #, or some kind of reference so that you don't have to 'splain everything to first level support everytime.

Don't gas companies have sniffers? Some kind of device that senses leaks?
Natural gas is stained with some stinky stuff called mercaptan. I'm not sure if that's what they sense for.
For the main reason natural gas has the odorant added: google New London School Explosion.

Yes, I remember seeing a TV show about that disaster. Such a tragedy.

Do you live near there?

8 litres of chili con carne on the go this afternoon.

A mate arrived on his motorbike around the end of the 90 minute cooking process - "I could smell the chili cooking from the other end of the village".

[Actually he was exaggerating, but he could smell it at the gate.]

If Lu spots that she'll have me making chilli tomorrow. :whistling:

My wife did the majority of the cooking. It is uncomfortable for me to stay standing for longer than 3 or 4 minutes at a time at the moment, so I do all the sitting down preparatory stuff (chopping and suchlike) and the giving of instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom