What did you cook/eat today (December 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ate your evening meal already! I don't eat until really late. I tend to dish food up for others at about 8.30pm but I often don't eat until 10.30pm myself.
Yes, it depends entirely on his shift pattern. sorry i should have explained
Bratfud Bangla this evening with hot and sour potatoes....

View attachment 4689
Looks good. B what's the flat bread? Did you make it yourself? I'd love to try to.

Looks good. B what's the flat bread? Did you make it yourself? I'd love to try to.

Naan bread. I didn't make that one but I have tried before. The one I made was OK but only just.

[Edit: There's no point really given that I can buy one for 50 pence]

Last edited:
What recipe did you use? And can you get bread flour? Or is flour like potatoes in Thailand (just one type!)? :)

It was multi-purpose flour. We also have tempora flour but that's it.

This was it....

naan.jpg

[Edit: I do have some gram flour left that was brought from Bangkok for me]

It was multi-purpose flour. We also have tempora flour but that's it.

This was it....

View attachment 4690

[Edit: I do have some gram flour left that was brought from Bangkok for me]
Gram flour is very easily made if you can get chickpeas that is. I am also having similar issues but mostly because the flour is so expensive here where as the ingredient it is made from is cheap... I am actually considering getting a flour mill to save my poor spice grinder. currently even ground almonds I have to do myself, yet I can easily get Almond meal which is not the same as g ground almonds. some things are readily available and cheap yet in not accustomed to using them in my British diet... I guess I've still to adapt some things!

Gram flour is very easily made if you can get chickpeas that is. I am also having similar issues but mostly because the flour is so expensive here where as the ingredient it is made from is cheap... I am actually considering getting a flour mill to save my poor spice grinder. currently even ground almonds I have to do myself, yet I can easily get Almond meal which is not the same as g ground almonds. some things are readily available and cheap yet in not accustomed to using them in my British diet... I guess I've still to adapt some things!
Gram flour is great for chapatis - wonderful but not naan bread. What was the recipe you used @Yorky?

Gram flour is great for chapatis - wonderful but not naan bread. What was the recipe you used @Yorky?

As far as I can remember (it was some time ago) I just used all purpose flour, milk and olive oil. And added butter during the cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom