What did you cook/eat today (December 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Mum's and had Christmas dinner. She cooked a turkey crown with all the trimmings. It was good but I'm glad I had the duck yesterday. I'm not that keen on eating turkey every day. Ha ha.

Prime Rib (sorry no pictures), potatoes with onions and garlic cooked in bacon fat, and canned carrots.
Oh and talked to my brother. Turns out my kitchen is too cold to rest the prime rib, so he gave me a way to do it. Turn oven on its lowest temperature and open the oven door a bit.

Cheese and ham toasties in wholegrain.

cheese ham toasties 2 s.jpg

It was a day off from cooking today with it being our anniversary.

so breakfast as normal (porridge oats soaked overnight in Homemade vegan yoghurt served with raspberries).
lunch was at the cinema. the upgraded cinema tickets were in the premiere lounge which turned out to be a restaurant bar with small cinema screens attached. you order what you want and say when you want it abs there is a waitress service that brings you your food and drink during the film! the chairs are fully electric reclining chairs with a table in between each pair of seats. there were no more than 45 seats per screen and only the 2 screens in the premiere lounge (of the cinema complex). talk about extravagant. I managed to find a couple of items on the menu that would have the potential to be vegan without the sauses... beer batter chips and vegetable spring rolls. one of them had a sauce that was also ok. so I was sorted. next time :)whistling:) we'll ask. usually they have a backup for vegans (easiest explanation of my allergy) and can prepare something else for me... both were actually very good mind you and 4 rolls plus a decent serving of the chips. the whole thing mind you was not cheap, but it was the first time I have been able to sit in a normal cinema seat alongside my husband rather than having to use the wheelchair... which was great and actually felt fantastic. also no-one complained about the wheelchair in the isle next to me either!
Evening meal ended up in 2 parts because of timings.. vegie balls and chips served with senap at the takeaway area of Ikea followed by the most delicious mango served with mango coconut ice cream and coconut yoghurt for dessert when we got home.

We have both noticed how some fruit and veg is just so much nicer here and mango is definitely on that list!

Last edited:
I had a slice of Rosemary, Rice and Courgette Cake served with a fresh tomato and basil sauce (made before Christmas and frozen). it was served cold. 29C and humid is too warm for me to eat hot meals. it's gone 9pm now and still 28C... it was followed with a cold beer (black ale), mango and home-made soya yoghurt.

My bf is at his parents at the moment so I took the advantage of having my favourite cheese on toast for lunch today. evening meal was back to a stew I pulled out of the freezer. I don't want to cook much when I'm on my own.

My bf is at his parents at the moment so I took the advantage of having my favourite cheese on toast for lunch today. evening meal was back to a stew I pulled out of the freezer. I don't want to cook much when I'm on my own.
You ate your evening meal already! I don't eat until really late. I tend to dish food up for others at about 8.30pm but I often don't eat until 10.30pm myself.

Back at work (groan) so it was packed lunch which I made last night. We are trying to de-tox after the Christmas recess so it was a bean salad which I made last night with tomatoes, cucumber, celery, chillies. By tea-time I was starving, ha ha. I intended to go to the gym after work. I usually go on Tuesday and Thursday but I was so hungry I just came straight back and made some toast. Tonight we are having pasta with tuna and salad.

Cheese and ham toasties in wholegrain.

View attachment 4670
That has taken me back to student days. We had a sandwich toaster in a shared house which made those triangular toasties. It was bright orange and you needed to be careful not to burn your mouth when you bit into the toastie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom