What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

Egg burritos tonight.

I had egg tacos for breakfast at Papasito's at DFW airport. They were very good, and big! One had applewood smoked bacon, and the other had Mexican chorizo (not the same as Spanish chorizo). Some airport eateries are really upping their game. Still overpriced, but at least the food tastes good.

I got to my parent's house, and my dad had picked up some BBQ brisket from Rudy's. It is a chain restaurant, but actually quite good.

No pictures. I never think to take pictures of food I didn't make.

CD

Chicken Parm. :wink:

We went out for lunch today. I had some very good chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes. I could only eat half, so I had the leftovers tonight. We went to a little mom-and-pop restaurant called Sam's Seafood and Steaks that is a regular for my family down here in Houston. I've been there a half-dozen times, and never had bad food.

Doh, forgot to take pictures... again.

CD

Solo Christmas breakfast this morning. We only sit down together for dinner today due to the childrens ADHD and autism, their attention span is too short for three shared meals a day.
I kept it relatively simple because in the Netherlands there is a second day of feasting tomorrow and that will be without the children.

I had toast with cream cheese & chives, cinnamon & sugar bread with butter, an egg, fresh squeezed orange juice, tea and water.

I cooked some mini pizzas in the halogen oven today. "Take & Bake" bread rolls with salsa, a mixture of Cheddar and mozzerela and slices of pepperoni. They were surprisingly good. I didn't take photographs as they got away from me in the oven (very messy).

OK, I cooked mini pizzas again today but made provisions to prevent the pizzas getting away from me. Same style but In lieu of the salsa I used a new recipe hot tomato sauce (which wasn't that hot). Still, they were tasty.

The new recipe tomato sauce (tomatoes, olive oil, onions, garlic, chillis, tomato puree, oregano, parsley and black pepper).

I've frozen three portions for later.

Left over lamb sliced and in a sammich with sliced onion and home made Mayo, my all time fave sammich, son took one home after Xmas lunch. I was making mine earlier as daughter walked in the house, she said looking at my sammich, I'll have one of those as well thanks.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom