What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

One of my favourite sarnies was turkey and stuffing (pork); usually Christmas day afternoon (after waking) or Boxing day lunch. I think, looking back, I preferred them to the dinner!

Pork stuffing.

We went to a gourmet market today (pics of purchases later), then went to a coal fired pizza place owned by the same place for lunch. The BEST pizza/flatbread we've ever had outside of Italy. Carpaccio for an appy. Craig had a meatball pizza and I had a flatbread with creme fraiche, porcini mushrooms, speck and onions. Too bad they are an hour north of us.

We went to a gourmet market today (pics of purchases later), then went to a coal fired pizza place owned by the same place for lunch. The BEST pizza/flatbread we've ever had outside of Italy. Carpaccio for an appy. Craig had a meatball pizza and I had a flatbread with creme fraiche, porcini mushrooms, speck and onions. Too bad they are an hour north of us.
View attachment 36156View attachment 36157

Man they look good. Just cooked out some shrimp paste, man downstairs stinks. Worse than mr 7 last night!! :)

Russ

Tonight's meal was a bust. :(

I was looking for things to use up, noticed I had a store-bought pie crust and some petite potatoes to use up, so I thought a simple quiche Lorraine and some roasted potatoes would be easy enough.

First, the pie crust shrank. Badly. As in, it started as a proper pie crust, but shrank to nearly tortilla-sized.

Then, the potatoes just tasted...old, I guess.

Altogether, very disappointing. Wine was good, though, so there's that.:meh:

Tonight's meal was a bust. :(

I was looking for things to use up, noticed I had a store-bought pie crust and some petite potatoes to use up, so I thought a simple quiche Lorraine and some roasted potatoes would be easy enough.

First, the pie crust shrank. Badly. As in, it started as a proper pie crust, but shrank to nearly tortilla-sized.

Then, the potatoes just tasted...old, I guess.

Altogether, very disappointing. Wine was good, though, so there's that.:meh:
One out of three ain't bad.lol.

Russ

This is today's main meal, lunch. I'll write up the top salad in the near future. Bottom right is the last of Christmas Days Chickpea Salad, bottom left is a trio of sprouted lentils and beans with some homegrown tomatoes, store bought almond feta (disappointing after the homemade stuff which was way nicer).

Back
Top Bottom