What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

The triple 'T' - Taleggio & Tomatoes on Toast (with a few chilli flakes):

Used leftover chicken to make chicken salad sammies, plus coleslaw and Fritos, which were BOGO at the grocery this week, with 1 bag earmarked for Frito pie soon.

I'm on microwave meals all of this week. Hubby is away from home and I have a tendancy to skip meals or just not eat when he's away, so he stocks the freezer with vegan ready meals that I like and are low calorie, high protein. Tonight was " Sri Lankan Root vegetable & ancient grain curry with a cauliflower & Brown Rice mix"
I won't bother with a photo because like all ready meals it needs work on the presentation but it is an acceptable meal.

As a New Year’s present, I was given a jar of home-made haricot bean purée. Similar in texture to hummus, but it tasted completely different. It had an interesting, tangy, fruity flavour. I enquired further and was told that it was made with a spicy mustard called Savora.

I bought some Savora mustard today (it’s a French mustard, not Swiss). As well as mustard seeds and malt vinegar, Savora contains cayenne pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, tarragon, cloves, celery, and thousand-flower honey.

I spread some Savora on a couple of slices of my home-made focaccia and ate it with saucisson sec for lunch. It was very good.

As a New Year’s present, I was given a jar of home-made haricot bean purée. Similar in texture to hummus, but it tasted completely different. It had an interesting, tangy, fruity flavour. I enquired further and was told that it was made with a spicy mustard called Savora.

I bought some Savora mustard today (it’s a French mustard, not Swiss). As well as mustard seeds and malt vinegar, Savora contains cayenne pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, tarragon, cloves, celery, and thousand-flower honey.

I spread some Savora on a couple of slices of my home-made focaccia and ate it with saucisson sec for lunch. It was very good.

View attachment 36902

View attachment 36901

Interesting.. I wonder how it will be with meat or maybe in a mixed salad

Back
Top Bottom