What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artichoke, Spinach and Blue Cheese Tart (for the Recipe Challenge).

IMGP1795.jpg

IMGP1798.jpg

I had the perfect lunch today - home made bread, home made cheese and home made pickle, followed by home made sponge cake filled with home made Seville marmalade :D

Tonight's dinner was potato farls, purple sprouting broccoli, cherry tomatoes and 2 poached eggs, with 2 clementines for afters.
WP_20170322_19_53_04_Pro.jpg

I had the perfect lunch today - home made bread, home made cheese and home made pickle, followed by home made sponge cake filled with home made Seville marmalade :D

Tonight's dinner was potato farls, purple sprouting broccoli, cherry tomatoes and 2 poached eggs, with 2 clementines for afters.
View attachment 5869

When you say home-made cheese... is that paneer? And can we have a potato farl recipe please! :D

Dinner was very good today. My boy sliced the eel and salmon sashimi, made some sushi rice, and my wife steamed 2 kinds of veggie dumplings (minced veggie wontons, and tofu purses). I also picked up steamed, sliced squid with gochujang.

The salmon:
0322171712b.jpg

The eel:
0322171714a.jpg

Steamed veggie wontons:
0322171713e.jpg

Steamed tofu purses:
0322171713c.jpg

And the squid:
0322171712a.jpg

Dinner was very good today. My boy sliced the eel and salmon sashimi, made some sushi rice, and my wife steamed 2 kinds of veggie dumplings (minced veggie wontons, and tofu purses). I also picked up steamed, sliced squid with gochujang.

The salmon:
View attachment 5871

The eel:
View attachment 5872

Steamed veggie wontons:
View attachment 5874

Steamed tofu purses:View attachment 5875
And the squid:
View attachment 5876

Beautiful wantons and tofu purses. Recipe please?

Recipe for potato farls here:

I have no idea how I managed to misread that!

Anyway, beer battered cod, chips and Yorkshire dhal again this evening for me. You'd think I like it!

fish chips mushy peas march 2s.jpg

The pieces of cooked batter in the deepfry we call "scraps". They were free in the chippy when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom