What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, kaesespatzele with home cured speck and a spinach, pear, red onion salad with vinaigrette.

Last edited:
One of those Friday evening meals, after some fairly devastating news today. quick and ready whilst I drove to pick hubby up from the 'local' bus stop 8-9km away. Had fun on the gravel roads though after rain today (only 5mm) soaked into the newly graded gravel road. The result being its safer to drive on the loose gravel than the smoother area because of a quick sand effect that occurs in certain places. One if the few times I have had a rear end slide whilst cornering (hubby calls it drift, I call it loss of control! ). Ended up wishing I was in my vehicle not his and had to lock the diff out in the SUV. It's AWD, with only 3 settings, tarmac, snow and lock. Lock gives me most control, but it meant I was late picking him up (a mob of kangaroos didn't help either) and even later home. Result was that tea was overcooked. :(

I'd happily eat that.

Russ

Those are indeed beets, both on the salad and in the little bowl to the back.

I thought so as I zoomed in on it. I absolutely love Beetroot. I bottle a lot of it every year. My family all love my Beetroot I bottle but I only like canned store bought. Go figure,lol. I can open a can of it here and only half the can makes it to the table. :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom