What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travelled to Louth to visit a colleague whose just had a baby and to celebrate his 40th birthday.
Went to a lovely bistro in the middle of town and had a fabulous meal!
Beetroot and ricotta with honey. Hake with fennel sauce and deconstructed lemon meringue.

Pan fried venison on sautéed leeks with a red wine and cherry sauce last night.

The night before was lamb neck fillet (cooked sous vide for 24 hours @ 55 deg C). We had it with couscous, to which was added chopped dried apricots, feta cheese and chopped fresh mint. All the flavours really worked, and the lamb was so tender it could be cut with a fork.

Wife woke with a headache, hinted for me to make brekky. Made on of her faves, toast with home made raspberry jam and bananas on top, wtf. Her choice I guess. Not my cuppa tea.

Russ

Chilaquiles with chicken seasoned with S, P, cumin and coriander, with poblanos, onions, fresh tomatoes, garlic, Munster cheese, crema, cilantro and the leftover homemade corn tortillas sliced and fried, garnished with fresh cilantro. Great taste, but not a pretty picture in any way whatsoever.

View attachment 33337
Pan fried venison on sautéed leeks with a red wine and cherry sauce last night.

The night before was lamb neck fillet (cooked sous vide for 24 hours @ 55 deg C). We had it with couscous, to which was added chopped dried apricots, feta cheese and chopped fresh mint. All the flavours really worked, and the lamb was so tender it could be cut with a fork.
View attachment 33338

Both venison and lamb look delicious, but I am amazed by that couscous with apricots/feta/mint..love the idea, two thumbs up👍👍

Nachos tonight, but mr 7 hasn't eaten them since his mum gave him a bad batch and he was sick for days. I made him a meat double cheese bacon and egg burger, he devoured it, saying it was the best burger ever.

Russ

My wife rolled them.

After my wife finished rolling mine she went to the Fat Lady's restaurant where they were rolling spring rolls for a donation to the temple for a "Buddha Day" tomorrow. Apparently between 4 of them (plus one cook) they rolled around 500 spring rolls. I think their spring rolls may have been different from mine.

Your spring rolls are samosa filling in a spring roll wrapper - fusion food?

Not really. Just that my wife finds spring rolls easier to make. And they taste exactly the same.

I have trouble making either of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom