What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early riser, went to supermarket, bought these mushrooms and already cooked them sautéed with a mix of chopped garlic+parsley, evoo, salt and black pepper. They are called “funghi trifolati”. My kitchen smells wonderfully

Have you managed to fix the oven? You said elsewhere that you had problems with baking cakes because of the seal on the door.
Not yet. I'm just surprised it came out okay. It seems the oven is fine with other food like pies etc because they're more "dense" or something. Anyway, the fruit cake is still slightly higher at one end than the other, and the top is way darker than it should be. In any case, I will be getting a new cooker hopefully very soon.

How to enjoy a panini at your desk while you're at work!

1. Make a panini. I made mine with (homemade) Italian sausage, pickled peppers, ham, and provolone.
2. Refrigerate in a sealed container with a paper towel underneath the panini to reduce sogginess.
3. The next day at work, microwave for 30-45 seconds to warm up the interior.
4. Check to make sure that no one is looking, then...
5. Jam the panini in a toaster!

IMG_0956.JPG

6. Toast some more if desired. Make sure you did step 4! Then, if necessary, unplug the toaster, tip it on its side, and carefully extract the panini.

7. Quickly brush up any stray burned crumbs, then quickly make your way back to your desk.

8. Enjoy your crispy-texture panini with marinara and grated parmegiano-reggiano.

IMG_0957.JPG

:roflmao:

I think we need a thread: 'Things you can cook in a toaster'.
I had tried different ways to get a crispy sandwich while at the office. I've packed the bread separately, toasted them, then assembled the sandwich. That seems to work reasonably well. But after making a panini recently, I looked at how flat it was, and I thought, "I'll bet that could fit in a toaster". Depending on how much I put in the sandwich, getting it out can still be a challenge. :toast:

How to enjoy a panini at your desk while you're at work!

1. Make a panini. I made mine with (homemade) Italian sausage, pickled peppers, ham, and provolone.
2. Refrigerate in a sealed container with a paper towel underneath the panini to reduce sogginess.
3. The next day at work, microwave for 30-45 seconds to warm up the interior.
4. Check to make sure that no one is looking, then...
5. Jam the panini in a toaster!

View attachment 33613

6. Toast some more if desired. Make sure you did step 4! Then, if necessary, unplug the toaster, tip it on its side, and carefully extract the panini.

7. Quickly brush up any stray burned crumbs, then quickly make your way back to your desk.

8. Enjoy your crispy-texture panini with marinara and grated parmegiano-reggiano.

View attachment 33614

2 please, now!!

Russ

Speaking from experience as a 10 yo??? DONT use a knife to extract a piece of toast from a toaster when it's on!!!!

I have the utmost respect for electricity since that day.!!

Russ
I did something like that when I was about 12 - I touched the two prong thingies (where the bulb usually sits) in a bedside table lamp with my right forefinger, and got a mild bolt of electricity go up my arm. Didn't do that again, I can tell you...! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom