What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another piece of toast with apple butter (and butter), just for rascal:

Note: that toast rack in the background...I had to go all the way to London to get it. I wanted a simple/elegant metal one, Amazon didn't carry them, and it's not an item the shops here carry. :)

Thanks, I appreciate it, you learn something every day. I'm pretty certain it's not available here but I'll look.

Russ

Chopped salad with homemade French dressing.

Since I've got it covered in shredded Havarti, I'll tell you it's iceberg lettuce (not my favorite, but not my most hated), carrot, tomato, celery, onion, olives, radishes, and cukes.

Looks good to me, I'm growing icebergs here ATM. I've got some to drop to my friend later.i prefer these over others I've tried. We have radishes and celery as well in the garden.

Russ

When we were going through the freezers and making our grocery list last week, I found 1/2 pound ground beef, 2 pieces of Italian sausage and about 1/4 of a ball of fresh moz, so I made bite sized meatballs with the ground beef, cut up the sausage into bite sized pieces, chunked up the cheese, made some tomato sauce, mixed it all with cooked pasta, topped with Parm and baked. Salad and garlic bread for sides. Came out quite tasty.

2019-10-02 17.55.41.jpg

Looks good to me, I'm growing icebergs here ATM. I've got some to drop to my friend later.i prefer these over others I've tried. We have radishes and celery as well in the garden.

Russ
I like iceberg lettuce for sandwiches, and of course a supper club wedge salad, but for a regular salad, I like a little mixed in with some kind of leaf lettuce, just to give it some crunch.

That would have made some darned good tacos. :hungry:

Yes, I do eat a lot of tacos. :laugh:

CD

We could buy taco shells here. "Old El Paso" brand. Maybe they're still available - I must check.

oep_tacos_crunchy_12s_156g[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom