What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gnudi - “naked”. They are a sort of gnocchi without pasta (that’s why they are called “naked”): spinach, ricotta,yolks, Parmigiano, white flour, nutmeg and salt. Then boiled in salted waster and once drained, cooked with butter and sage

Yesterday, we only had 1 meal left on our weekly menu and it was Craig's baby, but he had a long day yesterday working so didn't feel like cooking and wanted to go out. He decided on our favorite Mexican place. We had guacamole made fresh tableside to order, then steak fajitas for me and a mole rojo pollo burrito for him, both with yellow rice and refried beans, black for me and pinto for Craig. I brought home over half of my fajitas and sides, and had half of that for breakfast.

Dinner tonight was 3 rustic galettes. Two were grape tomatoes, thinly sliced basil, fresh moz, thinly sliced garlic, some shredded Parm R. The third was a blackberry one for dessert. It's a recipe I got from the TV show Cooking with Julia (Childs) years ago but I don't remember the guest chef whose recipe it was. No pics from the savory ones, they got eaten too fast. Hopefully from the blackberry one, it's cooling right now.

Kids have been here for two days, we had wraps lunchtime yesterday with kids. Two wraps left over so I made two pizzas cheese, bacon, onion, shrooms for me. BBQ sauce, kids loved them.
Indian tonight.
Russ

My grandkids love cheese pizzas, just cheese!! I'll eventually turn them to the other side.

Russ
If I had to be stuck with just one variety of pizza for the rest of my life, I'd choose a cheese pizza.

As far as toppings go, I never really like to go with more than two (not counting sauce and cheese, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom