What did you cook or eat today (April 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen bag of Bertolli chicken florentine with farfalle cooked on the stovetop. Garlic bread made with a small sub roll from the freezer and homemade garlic/ParmR butter.

The meal was okay for a frozen dinner. I will add grated parm and a little bit of chicken broth and cream next time.

Lazy cooking night.
View attachment 99276

Do you make garlic butter as you go?
Or do you keep it frozen in the freezer?

Russ

IMG_2907.JPG

A HUGE Quesadilla for Moi from my favorite Taco Cart.
Asada and loads of Cheese, yum!
I added my own Sour Cream, the carts Pico de Gallo and Mild Salsa.

Cubano, or Cuban Sandwich with my Cuban roast pork.
Do you have a recipe for the pork (I didn’t see one in the meat section)? I have a pork shoulder that I want to do something with other than pulled pork sandwiches.

Do you have a recipe for the pork (I didn’t see one in the meat section)? I have a pork shoulder that I want to do something with other than pulled pork sandwiches.

Yes. I can write it up. It is really just a marinade that you soak it in overnight, and then pour into the bottom of your roasting vessel (I used a cast iron Dutch oven) and cook low and slow in the oven.

I wonder if medtran49 has already posted her mojo marinade. We probably use the same basic ingredients.

CD

Yes. I can write it up. It is really just a marinade that you soak it in overnight, and then pour into the bottom of your roasting vessel (I used a cast iron Dutch oven) and cook low and slow in the oven.

I wonder if medtran49 has already posted her mojo marinade. We probably use the same basic ingredients.

CD

When we roast pork, we make up a paste of garlic, ground cumin, salt, pepper, a little oregano, lime juice, and olive oil. Rub it on pork roast, bag with thinly sliced onions and lime juice, refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temp, make a foil zig-zag rack for roast to rest on, dump onions and lime juice on bottom, then 375 F until done.

If we make like a pot roast, then half usually purchased bottled mojo and half chicken/beef stock and simmer until done. We add onions, potatoes and carrots, or if Craig wants the Cuban experience yuca.

If you can't buy bottled mojo, then...

Recipe - My Mojo Marinade

My mojo marinade uses most of the same ingredients as medtran49's, but it's not exactly the same. I also use the "hand" measuring system.

Mod Edit:
Recipe moved to own thread.

Recipe - My mojo marinade

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on how to make presentable Pani Puri - light, fascinating, deep-fried flour pops filled with potato and chickpeas, slathered with tamarind chutney and yoghurt, and spiced up with a cilantro-mint chutney. The potato curry (in the photo) was fine, as was the tamarind chutney. The puris are going to take some practice!
Potato Curry.jpg
Gol gappa with lentils, yoghurt & coriander mint sauce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom