What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few photos of the airline on my flights.

My first meal.
For some reason vegan food is often gluten free as well which just makes life harder for everyone.

20190821_180923.jpg

Then they came around with a midnight snack. No photo but it was an iced lolly that was mixed berry and coconut milk (separately) so that you had 2 colours and 2 flavours for the entire bar which was lovely.

Later on I was served another meal, this being the first breakfast.
This was quite surprising. I think the thing that looks like omelette was actually tofu and very pleasant.

20190822_112614.jpg

Later on at the Heathrow and dog tired at this point we had another breakfast which was surprisingly good. Served with warmed seeded sourdough.

20190822_105405.jpg

The pan au chocolat that was vegan left a lot to be desired and after 2 attempts at eating it, I left it.

A few photos of the airline on my flights.

My first meal.
For some reason vegan food is often gluten free as well which just makes life harder for everyone.

View attachment 31145

Then they came around with a midnight snack. No photo but it was an iced lolly that was mixed berry and coconut milk (separately) so that you had 2 colours and 2 flavours for the entire bar which was lovely.

Later on I was served another meal, this being the first breakfast.
This was quite surprising. I think the thing that looks like omelette was actually tofu and very pleasant.

View attachment 31146

Later on at the Heathrow and dog tired at this point we had another breakfast which was surprisingly good. Served with warmed seeded sourdough.

View attachment 31147

The pan au chocolat that was vegan left a lot to be desired and after 2 attempts at eating it, I left it.

What's the yellow stuff in the bowl in the last photo?

OK - its the fact it looked a bit yellow which puzzled me! Avocado has suddenly appeared on breakfast menus all over the place as a vegan option.
Catching up with the Aussies!

It's old school over there and slowly being replaced. But it's easy to make avocado yellow. Just don't use three stuff closer to the skin. The green comes from the skin area that's all.

Great plates.

Russ

Thanks!

@TastyReuben - your lasagna looks yummy and the entire plated meal makes me hungry just looking at it :)

Thank you! That's a great compliment!

That's a beautiful lasagna indeed, ben fatto! (Well done!)
What kind of cheese did you use?
I also like that basil, do you eat it or is just decorative ?
( I usually eat it)
Thank you very much, indeed!

The recipe called for mostly mozzarella, with some Parmesan added in, but I ended up using mozzarella, some provolone, some Romano, and some Parmesan. I had some odds and ends to use up.

That big hunk of basil was decorative, but will get used today. I plopped it in a jar of water, so it still looks good.

Gorgeous! And IMHO not easy to photograph well.
Thank you. I was struggling with the pictures, because it's a lasagna without much height (no meat or veg to bulk it up). It's my favorite recipe, though.

Also, I know in proper food photography, they'll many times work with room temp or cold foods, for stability. I'm always in a hurry taking a picture, because I like my food screaming hot, and what I'm snapping is headed for my belly post haste.

The beans were just steamed, then finished in a skillet with seasoned fried bread crumbs and cheese.

Chicken cordon bleu Paninis on the indoor grille. Ciabatta bread with a smear of Dijon mustard, repurposed grilled chicken breast, slice of Deli ham and Swiss cheese. Limon (lemon lime) potato chips & watermelon chunks on the side.

We had the rest of the lasagna tonight, but with steamed purple cauliflower on the side.

I read something a while ago about throwing dried herbs in with the simmering water to flavor the veg, so I tossed in some herbes de Provence and...no, not very good. Won't be doing that again.

Grilled chicken spiced with za'atar. Watermelon, cucumber, pine nut and mint salad. Homemade hummus and pitas. I ended up not eating any chicken as I forgot to take my arthritis med yesterday and today so my body is not very happy with me now so don't have much of an appetite. At least I remembered to take it a few minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom