What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ribs, corn, potato salad. Nothing else needed.

Well, the temperature dropped enough after sunset to fire up the Weber Kettle, and smoke some chicken thighs with charcoal and hickory wood. Oak and hickory are pretty much Texas standard smoking woods. I finished the chicken with some Stubbs Heat and Sweet BBQ sauce. I tossed an ear of corn lubed with OO, and seasoned with salt and pepper on the grill side near the end. I even found the energy to take a picture.

Chick-Corn-001.jpg

CD

Lamb cutlets with celeriac puree and French peas. The sauce was a last minute invention as there weren't enough meat juices to make one, and I didn't have any in the freezer. Added concentrated lamb stock to some demi glace and a fair drop of Balsamic vinegar to sharpen it up. After a bit of tweaking it was OK, and cut through the sweetness of the other elements. The star was definitely the celeriac puree though.

I broke my low carb diet yesterday. Mrs Blank needed some comfort after going to Tommo's funeral (bad Idea). I got a cuttlefish out of the freezer in the morning, prepped in the afternoon and made her favorite Crni Rizot with a green salad and bread. I have a piece of pork neck cooking low and slow on the BBQ for tonight with mustard mash and cabbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom