What did you cook or eat today (February 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tonight we are having guests over. My husband's cousin and his fiancée are coming over for dinner. I just trimmed up some chicken breasts and put them in a Cajun spice marinade to sear later. I am going to make homemade macaroni and cheese with several different types of cheese (gouda, havarti, cheddar, a touch of American to help bind the sauce). I will cut up the seared chicken breasts and place them in the bottom of the casserole dish, then a layer of cooked macaroni, then the cheese sauce, then topped with bacon and a light dusting of Panko and grated parmesan cheese before baking. Salads on the side to balance it out.

I put the scraps in a soup pot along with some leftover chicken I deboned from our rotisserie chicken we were eating a few days ago and am making homemade chicken soup for a nice, easy meal tomorrow when I possibly will have a hangover and not feel like cooking, LOL!

I probably won't take photos.

Last edited:
Risotto incoming...

20220226_195853.jpg

So tonight we are having guests over. My husband's cousin and his fiancée are coming over for dinner. I just trimmed up some chicken breasts and put them in a Cajun spice marinade to sear later. I am going to make homemade macaroni and cheese with several different types of cheese (gouda, havarti, cheddar, a touch of American to help bind the sauce). I will cut up the seared chicken breasts and place them in the bottom of the casserole dish, then a layer of cooked macaroni, then the cheese sauce, then topped with bacon and a light dusting of Panko and grated parmesan cheese before baking. Salads on the side to balance it out.

I put the scraps in a soup pot along with some leftover chicken I deboned from our rotisserie chicken we were eating a few days ago and am making homemade chicken soup for a nice, easy meal tomorrow when I possibly will have a hangover and not feel like cooking, LOL!

I probably won't take photos.
Your husband and his family are spoilt

Russ

I think I have tapioca starch/flour (and I know I have cornstarch and xanthum gum) but I didn't know we were allowed to use it for a thickener for the challenge? I thought it was pretty strict about either being gelatin, agar agar, or carrageen. I had asked about using what thickeners I had on hand instead and didn't get a yes, so...

But I really like the way it looks, if you are allowed to do so, you should enter it! I think that would make a good topping for pancakes. I would eat that.
My mistake, to have cooked first and researched later. I am not entering this pudding anway, but it is a totally different substance, gelatine is a protein, and starch is a polisaccharide.
Oh thank you, I really really loved the taste. I must have missed your post. Sorry.

Kid and I took a nice stroll around downtown and went to McD and a lovely patisserie.

Later I had hot dogs (boiled for 3 min), toasted buckwhet bread and a salad, dressed in the tapioca,oat, lemon dressing, which is an absolutely fantastic fail. Fail as a pudding but a win as a dressing. Olive oil and salt to the salad and it was wonderful. Creamy but light. Lemony but not overly. I still have some for today.

It just crossed my mind I could prepare some more today and bottle it for the week. It seems to keep well in the fridge, not separated so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom