What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a beard when I was married, at my wife's request. Her father always had one. I kept it neatly trimmed, which was a PITA, but being neatly trimmed kept food from being a problem.

CD
I see lots of men with beards these days and plenty of women find them attractive. If my hubby decided to grow a beard I guess I'd be okay with it. I just don't want to grow one myself!

I saw a youthful picture of you with your sweet baby face with no beard. Awww...so cute! No wonder Mrs. T. fell hard for you 💔
Thank you, that's very sweet. :)

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but during the time we were dating, so I would have been about 22, we met friends for dinner at a local restaurant one night.

As soon as we walked in the door, the hostess said, "Right this way, your friends are already here," and she led us back to the table.

As we sat down, I said, "That's odd...like, she didn't ask who we were or if we were meeting anybody or anything. It's like she already knew who we were."

My friend starting laughing and said, "That's because I told her to just look for a guy who looks like a cross between Ferris Bueller and Howdy Doody."

:laugh:

I went to a Turkish supermarket and got me some delicious Pogaca, my favorite Turkish bread stuffed with feta & spicy beef mince.

I see lots of men with beards these days and plenty of women find them attractive. If my hubby decided to grow a beard I guess I'd be okay with it. I just don't want to grow one myself!
I employed an elderly lady about 20 years ago..she spoke her mind..she told me I'd be good looking if I didn't have such a weak chin..she said I should grow a beard or something..I fired her and grew a beard..just kidding about the beard.

No..I have a goatee..I couldn't grow a full beard if I tried...and..I was just fooling..I didn't fire her..she moved out to Calgary to live with her daughter..I miss old Rose

Com Tam Dau Hu in Pho Lang Thang
Had to look that one up! Com tam is "broken rice" and dau hu is tofu. My buddy had com tam bo - with beef. Pho Lang Thang is a Vietnamese restaurant next to Findlay Market - only my second experience of Vietnamese food, but delicious, especially the pickled vegetables.

I found that gargling with very warm salt water at times and a bit of 3% hydrogen peroxide (tastes nasty but works) helps a lot with clearing mucous congestion from the throat and eases sore throat pain a bit. Also extra vitamin C. Get better!
thank you, never heard of this combination though, i do not have h.peroxide. but what i do a million times a day is spraying my nose with salty water aquamaris, and i use althaea officinalis, the root, to soak and use the water as nose drops, it decongests the nose and allows me to breathe.
thank you, yes, lots of oranges, and additional vit c with zync, lots of tea, pomegranate.
the cough is a bit more extrensive today, we did get those tiny fever tray like 36,8 36,9...

as i was eating an hour ago, i could not taste tha pasta nad the sauce, i wonder if it is the covid or just the nose...i do feel the orange smell, and i taste the pickled cucumber, possibly not as clear but not the pasta or the bread...

anways, breathing deeper gets this weird feeling of going deep uinto the lungs, i hope it does not spread hatever and wherever.

all in all, we are ok. doing ok, happy it is not much worse. we condier it to be very mild.

thank you, never heard of this combination though, i do not have h.peroxide. but what i do a million times a day is spraying my nose with salty water aquamaris, and i use althaea officinalis, the root, to soak and use the water as nose drops, it decongests the nose and allows me to breathe.
thank you, yes, lots of oranges, and additional vit c with zync, lots of tea, pomegranate.
the cough is a bit more extrensive today, we did get those tiny fever tray like 36,8 36,9...

as i was eating an hour ago, i could not taste tha pasta nad the sauce, i wonder if it is the covid or just the nose...i do feel the orange smell, and i taste the pickled cucumber, possibly not as clear but not the pasta or the bread...

anways, breathing deeper gets this weird feeling of going deep uinto the lungs, i hope it does not spread hatever and wherever.

all in all, we are ok. doing ok, happy it is not much worse. we condier it to be very mild.
Oh I don't combine hydrogen peroxide with the salt water. I do it at different times. Here hydrogen peroxide is sold at drug stores, grocery stores, etc.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things to get well. :hug:

Oh I don't combine hydrogen peroxide with the salt water. I do it at different times. Here hydrogen peroxide is sold at drug stores, grocery stores, etc.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things to get well. :hug:
oh ok, thanks for the clarity. I am sure they have it at the pharmacies here too. we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom