What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited to make this! I have a small mini-leg of lamb in my freezer. I need to get some yogurt and a few other things as well. I was wondering if you minded snapping a few photos of the recipe in the book and posting them (basically all I need is the ingredient list)? I know I will need to adapt a little because my leg of lamb is about 2.5 pounds (a little more than a kilo I think?). Anyway, it would be easier for me to make the adaptations if I have the ingredients listed in front of me as opposed to watching the video while prepping the marinade. Thanks in advance!

Beautiful dish, can't wait!
Nice one...below as from "The Complete Asian Cookbook" - Charmaine Solomon 1976.

(Mod Edit: Image removed due to copyright issues.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of cooking some mahi-mahi. The fish filets are marinating in sundried tomato powder, lemon pepper, and olive oil with a touch of apple cider vinegar. I made a roasted cherry tomato with roasted garlic ala vodka sauce. I've sauteed shallots, red bell pepper and mushrooms, and I have some chopped thin-stalked asparagus spears to toss in at the end when I make the pasta (probably fettucine or linguine, maybe vermicelli, not sure just yet).

It's early for us yet at 8:40 pm to be eating. Probably in a hour.

That vodka sauce is outstanding. These days food has to taste really good or I just can't seem to eat, this really sucks because I have always been such a big eater and I love, love, love food. So if I make mediocre food I don't eat much. UGH I hate the after effects of covid. I want to eat like I used to eat, second helpings, please!

Last edited:
My friend starting laughing and said, "That's because I told her to just look for a guy who looks like a cross between Ferris Bueller and Howdy Doody."

:laugh:
1643507123853.png
1643507258011.png

I'm in the process of cooking some mahi-mahi. The fish filets are marinating in sundried tomato powder, lemon pepper, and olive oil with a touch of apple cider vinegar. I made a roasted cherry tomato with roasted garlic ala vodka sauce. I've sauteed shallots, red bell pepper and mushrooms, and I have some chopped thin-stalked asparagus spears to toss in at the end when I make the pasta (probably fettucine or linguine, maybe vermicelli, not sure just yet).

It's early for us yet at 8:40 pm to be eating. Probably in a hour.

That vodka sauce is outstanding. These days food has to taste really good or I just can't seem to eat, this really sucks because I have always been such a big eater and I love, love, love food. So if I make mediocre food I don't eat much. UGH I hate the after effects of covid. I want to eat like I used to eat, second helpings, please!
I feel basically the same way JAS_OH1 .
Both my husband and I really don't have an appetite at all.
We'd like to eat, we'd like to eat something really tasty, but it's just not there.
I'm thinkin' given everything that I've been reading about the after-effects of the Corona-Virus , it's going to be awhile before I'm cooking/baking/BBQing like I did and eating anything more than a granola bar just to keep going, that and loads of water, that's about it!

GH I hate the after effects of covid. I want to eat like I used to eat, second helpings, please!
Yes, am with you...I noticed how my appetite has lessened...and now that I don't taste most stuff, it does not really matter what i eat...as long as it is regular and healthy...
it had crossed my mind to try cayenne pepper out of the bottle or chilli powder, just to test if i taste them, but it would mess up with my digestion so i gave up.:chocegg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom