What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

Grilled skirt steak, brocoflower and black pepper/gruyere popovers.

2019-06-07 18.16.54.jpg

2019-06-07 18.10.02.jpg

Prolly cheese rolls later, smothered in butter. These are famous here, the filling is a mystery but cheese with onion soup dry powder mixed in. Grilled in the oven. We buy them from people we know who make them as a fundraiser.

They are good, pics will follow.

Russ

Homemade pizza. It was a Chopped night at our house. Had pizza sauce and pepperoni. Made the crust. Put the sauce on. I had havarti cheese and mozzarella cheese and tossed some bacon on it. Some basil out of the garden. The cheeses worked well together.

IMG_1328a.jpg

Lamb Jalfrezi last night. An accidental development from breakfast yesterday morning. I made a mushroom and tomato concoction using fresh tomatoes, home-made tomato sauce and home-made red pepper and chilli sauce. The result (eaten on toast) tasted very similar to a mild Jalfrezi curry sauce, so a plan was hatched to experiment with this last night. With the addition of caramelised onions (blended with natural yoghurt), ground cumin and coriander, and extra chilli the resulting sauce was a pretty good approximation of a Jalfrezi, in taste at least. I dropped in some lamb neck fillet that had been cooked sous vide for 4 hours - meltingly tender, but it would also have worked as a vegetarian dish.

View attachment 28371

Lamb Jalfrezi last night. An accidental development from breakfast yesterday morning. I made a mushroom and tomato concoction using fresh tomatoes, home-made tomato sauce and home-made red pepper and chilli sauce. The result (eaten on toast) tasted very similar to a mild Jalfrezi curry sauce, so a plan was hatched to experiment with this last night. With the addition of caramelised onions (blended with natural yoghurt), ground cumin and coriander, and extra chilli the resulting sauce was a pretty good approximation of a Jalfrezi, in taste at least. I dropped in some lamb neck fillet that had been cooked sous vide for 4 hours - meltingly tender, but it would also have worked as a vegetarian dish.

That looks great.

Back
Top Bottom