What did you cook or eat today (June 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot wings from in town:

After 3 hours outside working in the garden, hubby decided I needed a hot lunch...

Freezer diving produced a tub of Rummaniyeh (aubergine stew) to which I added smashed avo of sourdough toast (it needed eating and I didn't have any flatbread available). The red on the avo is shatta, a particularly hot version made with 200g of Birds Eye chilli that has yet to mellow with age. The aubergine stew is served with very tasty pomegranate seeds and a couple of tomatoes. Lunch was tasty... :hungry:

Time to head back out into the wet garden to compete my work in the chook houses.

It was meant to have been a Saturday night usual on Sunday, but a failure on my behalf to purchase the sweet potatoes chips, and a total lack of potatoes or sweet potatoes meant a menu change...
Raiding the freezer produced a tub of a really nice pesto I made in Feb 21 according to the label, so I thought it would work well with the vegan ravioli I found in the supermarket during my last shopping trip. Add to that a veggie burger for some protein...

A generous helping of a very nice vegan Sorrel & Almond pesto...

Nothing spectacular, just adjusted to the heat outside, 34 c, ready baked schnitzel and pork neck, in gluten free taco shells,some salsa, sweet corn, fresh tomatoes and that is it. we had a ripe avocado but forgot to do the guac...
I have not been cooking in a good while, no time and or desire to, heat, the other Grandma is in visit, so she cooks where my daughter spends lunch and dinner...boiled eggs and toast are the peak of my cooking the last few weeks.
I forgive myself :) Do you also find yourself scaling back on cooking, if it is hot where you live currently?

Do you also find yourself scaling back on cooking, if it is hot where you live currently?
Not really but, I'm more careful about when I cook, (often cooking at 6am in the morning before it gets too warm) plus I've rigged up a system where I can boil or BBQ things outside on the veranda instead of in my kitchen, so the house doesn't warm up as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom