What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Tso’s Cauliflower. Some things you need to know about this:

1) I don’t care what you think about the color of the sauce. I don’t like it either...as a General Tso’s sauce.

2) I like the confetti colors from what I ended up making.

3) And, I did batter the nuggets, and bake them in the oven.

4) Best of all, I love the spicier take on the traditional flavors.

I think the whole thing turned out really well, even if it doesn’t look like it.

814950D0-3D26-48BB-A234-BAAA6D2A67A1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
General Tso’s Cauliflower. Some things you need to know about this:

1) I don’t care what you think about the color of the sauce. I don’t like it either...as a General Tso’s sauce.

2) I like the confetti colors from what I ended up making.

3) And, I did batter the nuggets, and bake them in the oven.

4) Best of all, I love the spicier take on the traditional flavors.

I think the whole thing turned out really well, even if it doesn’t look like it.

View attachment 28009
I will say it again @The Late Night Gourmet ...I am with YOU. Those look in-freakin-credible.

This is a new one on me...

It's a classic diner recipe. It's also great for using up leftover roast beef. A slice of good toasted bread, a big spoonful of mashed potatoes and gravy that has had thin sliced of roast beef simmering in it for a while. You can add onions and/or mushrooms to the gravy as well.

We don't normally buy ready-made things, but our local bakery has started doing vegan dahl pasties, so we thought we'd try them out.

On the face of things, it seemed a bit heavy on the pastry, but there was a decent filling, which was pleasingly spicy. The pastry was quite light, too. A nice snack by itself, but even better with a little addition or two.

P5230039.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom