What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

More sourdough pancakes - I just pretend they are pizzas:

fullsizeoutput_51df.jpeg

What is ricotta salada - I've not come across it?
I misspelled it, oops. Ricotta Salata. There's a good pic and description at thekitchn.com. The Italian feta - the cheese that can't stand alone . The market, on line, was out, so I couldn't try it. Ricotta may not have been the best sub, but went with what I hàd.

Why? I mean why the 'free from' ice cream?

Oh dear, I didn't realise we had to justify what we eat now...

Just wanted to avoid all those nasty fats and all that stuff. Old Johnny Cholesterol registered a little high when I had a blood test a couple of months ago. It wasn't off the scale or anything - in fact, it was in the acceptable zone - but I'm trying not to encourage it upwards.

Oh dear, I didn't realise we had to justify what we eat now...

Just wanted to avoid all those nasty fats and all that stuff. Old Johnny Cholesterol registered a little high when I had a blood test a couple of months ago. It wasn't off the scale or anything - in fact, it was in the acceptable zone - but I'm trying not to encourage it upwards.

Sorry - I just wondered if you had recently become dairy/gluten/lactose intolerant because its not easy to stick to a diet which eliminates all of them.

Grilled some wings in the rotisserie basket and then finished on the grill with an Asian glaze. I dropped a few chunks of manuka in the charcoal baskets. Karen made some fries and onion strings for sides.

Sorry - I just wondered if you had recently become dairy/gluten/lactose intolerant because its not easy to stick to a diet which eliminates all of them.

I suppose that I have been very lucky. In 70 years I've never had to intentionally limit or preclude certain foods from my meals. I have no idea of my cholesterol level. However, although I'm not in any way fat, my body is certainly buggered after many years of abuse.

What happened next; blackberry concoction served with decidedly hipster dairy-free/gluten-free/lactose-free ice cream.

View attachment 31793
I must say, I'm getting a little giggle bouncing between this conversation with the everything-free ice cream, and the other conversation questioning alcohol-free beer. :)

I must say, I'm getting a little giggle bouncing between this conversation with the everything-free ice cream, and the other conversation questioning alcohol-free beer. :)

I see absolutely no correlation between ice cream and beer. I eat vegetarian "sausages" now and then, curiously enough because I am vegetarian. Does that make me some kind of hypocrite?

I see absolutely no correlation between ice cream and beer. I eat vegetarian "sausages" now and then, curiously enough because I am vegetarian. Does that make me some kind of hypocrite?

Nope - the two things are different for sure. And of course you aren't a hypocrite! I think its just that two parallel chats are going on about 'free from'. Nothing to do with hypocrisy on your part.

My lunch today has been a sandwich ate in front of PC in office while having working phone calls (no, not speaking while munching).

At least the sandwich was good, filled with prosciutto crudo, rocket salad and brie cheese.
I'm coming back home now. Not sure about dinner, maybe a tomato salad with everything else I'll found in the fridge..

Back
Top Bottom