What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

@MypinchofItaly - I sometimes make little fried Parmesan crisps that I flavor with dried herbs, but I never thought about making them into lollies. That's very clever!

Breakfast was a sunny side up egg over a piece of toast, with streaky bacon and fresh tomato slices on the side.

I put some Major Grey's chutney on the other slice of toast.
3026D082-E47F-44A1-8CD8-2BE5D116710A.jpeg

337D89B1-CB17-4D7B-B59F-85FFF3271F6D.jpeg

7078660C-332E-48BA-A985-F15A418CA30C.jpeg

I adore eggs, so it gets three photos. @morning glory - that egg is sunny side up, just for you!

@MypinchofItaly - I sometimes make little fried Parmesan crisps that I flavor with dried herbs, but I never thought about making them into lollies. That's very clever!

Thanks! I wasn't so sure that they would have been successful, I was a bit afraid that they could broken, but luckily they turned out ok. Oh, I baked them of course, 5 mins in the oven, 170 C.

This evening we started with a meze: starting bottom right and working clockwise: tzatziki, eggplant/aubergine, potato salad and then cheese.
This was followed by the mains: TVC had lamb stew and I had a whole seabream, this was washed down with 2 glasses of wine each. We waddled back to the hotel and are now sat outside in the cool drinking water.
20190907_192010(1).jpg

20190907_194350.jpg

20190907_194339.jpg

Sea bass fillets cooked en papillot with lemongrass, ginger, garlic, lime juice, chilli and coriander. Used the cooking liquor to make a sauce, adding fish sauce, sugar and coconut milk. Very fragrant, but the fish was a bit overpowered.

American day here, twice fried chips and murican hot dogs. Frankfurters were a bit harder than normal but went down a treat. I asked my mr 7 grandson, do you like hot dogs, he said I'm a big fan. Where did that come from,lol. He had 2 big ones. Choice of fillings were tomato relish onions cheese ketchup and mustard. Apple crumble with ice cream for dessert.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom