What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

lemon basil chicken with witled spinach. One pot dinner that was fantastic!

20190906_174914.jpg
20190906_181224.jpg
20190906_175917.jpg
20190906_180931.jpg

Our lunch turned into "dinner", we just added dessert. I had a meatball pizza and Karen had a Margherita pizza. We ate at The Sicilian Oven which as wood fired ovens. I also had a draft Peroni and Karen had a glass of white wine. At home we had slices of store bought cheesecake and glasses of Di Serrano.

That sounds interesting - do you have a recipe?
Sure, and it's easy.

The summary is:

Make some mash, spread half in a baking dish. Soften some sliced onion in a fry pan, then add some well-drained kraut and a little water, beer, or wine, and cook for about 10 minutes.

Layer that over the mash, followed by the rest of the potatoes, followed by a thin layer of shredded cheese and dots of butter.

Cover, bake at 350, then uncover and finish to brown.

I'll write it up properly shortly, but that's the gist of it. Really simple, and gets two thumbs and two big toes (those being foot thumbs) up from MrsTasty. :)

Sure, and it's easy.

The summary is:

Make some mash, spread half in a baking dish. Soften some sliced onion in a fry pan, then add some well-drained kraut and a little water, beer, or wine, and cook for about 10 minutes.

Layer that over the mash, followed by the rest of the potatoes, followed by a thin layer of shredded cheese and dots of butter.

Cover, bake at 350, then uncover and finish to brown.

I'll write it up properly shortly, but that's the gist of it. Really simple, and gets two thumbs and two big toes (those being foot thumbs) up from MrsTasty. :)

Great idea.

A loaf of wheat sandwich bread I baked yesterday.

It's a little flat and a little airy in the crumb because I forgot about it during the second rise and it overproofed.

I should have punched it back down, reshaped it, and let it rise again, but instead, I chucked it in the oven as-is.

Not an outstanding loaf, but it tastes fine, and the open crumb makes exceedingly crisp toast.
D2C06E43-E456-4108-9155-8ADADF89360F.jpeg

I was looking for a nice idea as starters to present to some friends who came to lunch to me today.
So I grated my piece of Parmigiano and I created these mini savory lollipops
I flavored them with dry thyme, paprika, turmeric and poppy seeds. They have been brushed in a flash
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano.jpg
Parmesan lollipops.jpg
Lollipops.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom