What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

Then evening meal was much needed, though hubby needs to work out portion size again.
The swimming pool had no heating (it had broken down that morning) so whilst it was still warm enough to swim in the main 50m pool, there were no hot showers, no heating to warm the internal air and the coffee machine broke on the barista whilst making hubby a hot coffee...

So hubby was allowed a last non-diet meal of pie and chips before the diet re-started this morning.

20190909_071722.jpg

Tonight was an attempt at the 3rd Cookbook game. I say attempt because it was hampered by a distinct lack of electricity. I was experiencing what we hope is the last of the rather too many planned outages (as in 5-6 in the last 2-3 months!) where I've been without between 9am and 5pm... obviously having been away, we'd missed the notification for this one!
So part way through cooking the new dahl recipe, I lost power and the saucepan ended up wrapped up in a towel to try to continue with more cooking.

20190909_184602.jpg

Thanks. It's not quite what I would have liked. The usual meat blend I use is one pound beef and a half-pound each of veal and pork. This one, using up bits and bobs in the freezer, was more veal than anything else, and it gives it a decidedly different flavor.

It isn't bad, just...different. :unsure:

Thanks. It's not quite what I would have liked. The usual meat blend I use is one pound beef and a half-pound each of veal and pork. This one, using up bits and bobs in the freezer, was more veal than anything else, and it gives it a decidedly different flavor.

It isn't bad, just...different. :unsure:

Veal is generally more delicate than beef or pork as you know.
However, it looks definitely succulent, maybe it's just a taste you're not yet used to.

Last edited:
Pasta Alla Norma. An Italian dish of eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, onion, ricotta salada and pasta. I kind of followed Mark Bittman's (New York Times) recipe on line, somewhat, using fat rigatoni pasta and subbing the ricotta salada w salted ricotta cheese instead.

Back
Top Bottom