What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the sunny side up method of spooning hot fat over the egg to full cook the whites. My grandma (SE Texas) did that using bacon fat. It's amazing she lived to be 90 the way she ate.

That's what I always do. That way the eggs look bright and pretty:

Rocky Road Choc Bars (home-assembled)
Best Rocky Road Recipe (Easy!) - Pretty. Simple. Sweet.
These are a great way to use any left-over cookies (none), biscuits (yes, just plain Petite Beurre), marshmallows (had none), dried fruit (cranberries, yes), sweets like peanut-choc bars, as long as they are dry (my conclusion). So simple to make. Be warned, are magical :happy:. Mean, mean bars! :laugh:

The dear, dear lady (my piano teacher with whom I studied at the Academy) said this morning we should best meet today, instead of Friday, as she may visit her sister in a near by city, so I thought, oh, won't have time to do the Kentucky Fruit Cake, did these instead. Worry not, these shall be eaten.

Oh when it started snowing again, she called me, and asked to postpone to Friday or Saturday, or anytime that suits both of us, so, I may get to do the Kentucky Fruit Cake for her after all. I did get the bourbon and all.

Round plated, brown circle photo - bars had not yet settled fully, but who cares. White triangle-ish plate photo, yes. Who cares.:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom