What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burger Bun Pie (#2) - Chicken Fajitaburguesas

full.jpg

I like fajitas as much as I like pizzas.

If you can make a lemon meringue pie I feel you could make this. It lasted 4 hours after giving my brother in law a third of it. :D
Oh, but I have never made a lemon meringue pie! My mother used to bake them back in the 1970s, but I don't bake (except for the occasional loaf of bread), my mother was the baker. That was one of my favorite pies. Since I have never had anything else with meringue on it, I had no idea.

Typically if I bake (except for the occasional loaf of bread), it's a box mix. I could probably pull off a lemon meringue pie if I followed a recipe. If I baked desserts (except for the occasional family gatherings) I would be 20 pounds heavier than I am, and I don't want that!

Oh, but I have never made a lemon meringue pie! My mother used to bake them back in the 1970s, but I don't bake (except for the occasional loaf of bread), my mother was the baker. That was one of my favorite pies. Since I have never had anything else with meringue on it, I had no idea.

Typically if I bake (except for the occasional loaf of bread), it's a box mix. I could probably pull off a lemon meringue pie if I followed a recipe. If I baked desserts (except for the occasional family gatherings) I would be 20 pounds heavier than I am, and I don't want that!

Grandmother made chocolate meringue pie too.

Grandmother made chocolate meringue pie too.
I've had French Silk pie and chocolate pudding pie with whipped cream topping (about the same thing).

I have never had chocolate meringue pie but I am sure it was delicious!

I make French silk with a meringue crust. In fact, I have been meaning to make it for a while. I have 7 egg whites in the freezer from something(s) I made with yolks only. I'll use those when I finally make it.
You use a meringue crust? Is that really what you meant? I have never seen that before.

You use a meringue crust? Is that really what you meant? I have never seen that before.

Yes. You spread the meringue out in a buttered pie plate then bake at low temp like you would if making baked meringues. Let it cool, then place the French Silk mixture in and refrigerate.

Yes. You spread the meringue out in a buttered pie plate then bake at low temp like you would if making baked meringues. Let it cool, then place the French Silk mixture in and refrigerate.
I've never had a baked meringue and didn't know they existed. My experience with baking (I bake bread sometimes) and baking desserts, even eating desserts, is rather limited.

I've never had a baked meringue and didn't know they existed. My experience with baking (I bake bread sometimes) and baking desserts, even eating desserts, is rather limited.
You've never heard of meringue mushrooms? A lot of people make and give them as gifts. I made some for a buche de Noel and the mushrooms were as big a hit as the cake. Post #3.

Recipe - Buche de Noel

You've never heard of meringue mushrooms? A lot of people make and give them as gifts. I made some for a buche de Noel and the mushrooms were as big a hit as the cake. Post #3.

Recipe - Buche de Noel

Cloud eggs are also a "trendy" thing -- I've heard. You make a meringue "cloud" with a divot in the middle, bake it, add a yolk, and put it back in the oven to lightly cook the yolk and finish browning the meringue.

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.29.25 PM.png

CD

Cloud eggs are also a "trendy" thing -- I've heard. You make a meringue "cloud" with a divot in the middle, bake it, add a yolk, and put it back in the oven to lightly cook the yolk and finish browning the meringue.

View attachment 60724

CD
You are making me rethink egg whites. I don't really like the white part, I am more of a yolk person. Scrambled eggs are great but fried eggs, I tend to not eat much of the whites, especially if they are even a touch runny (yuck). But the idea of a fluffy meringue sounds intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom