What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, it is not "bourbon" unless it is from Kentucky
You are absolutely right, I will respect that and give the proper name adjustment to the cake, referring to the original recipe of course.

Browsing through a list of recommended under 50 usd bourbons, the name Four Roses stuck in my memory...have to re-visit to make sure it is not a whiskey...

My brain stores only so much data😂
Edited to add: it is a bourbon👍🥃

Last edited:
You are absolutely right, I will respect that and give the proper name adjustment to the cake, referring to the original recipe of course.

Browsing through a list of recommended under 50 usd bourbons, the name Four Roses stuck in my memory...have to re-visit to make sure it is not a whiskey...

My brain stores only so much data😂

Four Roses is bourbon. I like it. BTW, all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon, if that makes sense.

Also, for baking, I would not go nuts on the pricier bourbons/whiskeys. Four Roses is pretty reasonable (at least in the US).

CD

Meatballs and baked meat sandwich on dark ciabatta. Raddish, celery, sweet chilli on side.
A whole bunch of dips would be good too.
It only lacked a bit if salt, but was good. Good speedy lunch.

The baked ciabatta had the melted butter under the meat. Crispy, warm...

Yum, I de-meated and ate it.😁👍

Four Roses is bourbon. I like it. BTW, all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon, if that makes sense.

Also, for baking, I would not go nuts on the pricier bourbons/whiskeys. Four Roses is pretty reasonable (at least in the US).

CD
Oh wow cool! Yes, totally makes sense...I had gone grocery shopping with kid, so pretended not needing to visit the alcohol aisle😂as normal...will do it on my own later today...
No no, my budget does not allow me to go too nuts...I save on many reasonable things, to splurge from time to time...but nothing crazy...

Last edited:
Yeah, that's way above my paygrade. I was just going to go with basic meringue topping for say, oh, a lemon meringue pie, which I absolutely adore. But what you made there? I think I gained 10 pounds just looking at it. That wouldn't last long in my house!

If you can make a lemon meringue pie I feel you could make this. It lasted 4 hours after giving my brother in law a third of it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom