What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see...a small bowl of one of the Chex cereals (they all look/taste the same to me. Well, not the wheat ones, but the rice and corn ones do), then a cinnamon bun half, and a bologna-and-cheese-on-rye for lunch.

No menu plan at the moment, but I suspect supper will be spaghetti (no sauce) with olives, cherry tomatoes, and basil mixed in.

Deep fried swiss chard escalope, very nice
img_20210408_2030268317478482067224686.jpg

Stay healthy

I was pretty busy today, - did my laundry, waited on two packages, built a couple floor lamps from kits and unpacked more stuff.

I had planned to do, my next challenge recipe today, but instead nuked a couple chicken tamales.

full.jpg

Let's face it, I'm still moving into my new digs.

This was a joy to make, because I didn't follow a recipe:

Linguine, cherry tomatoes, black and green olives, garlic, and basil. That's it. No measuring, no reading, no mise en place, no getting sidetracked and leaving out the salt, etc.

I've pledged this before, but I'm really going to try to make more repeats, so I get things memorized. I'm finding most of my cooking stress comes from trying to follow a recipe while a million-and-one distractions are going on.

Seared tuna rubbed with a bit of sesame oil and tamari, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds. Wasabi potato latkes. Asian green beans, steamed, shocked, then reheated with a sauce of sesame oil, tamari, brown sugar, garlic, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, then toasted sesame seeds at end. Everything was quite good. The latkes and green.beans were first timers, but definitely won't be only timers.

Last edited:
This was a joy to make, because I didn't follow a recipe. Linguine, cherry tomatoes, black and green olives, garlic, and basil. That's it. No measuring, no reading, no mise en place, no getting sidetracked and leaving out the salt, etc.

Who are you? What did you do with TastyReuben? :ohmy:

BTW, I often make the same dish without the olives.

CD

Although we've been to a food fair today I ate nothing, my mate butcher had the equivalent of a two course meal in samples. And came away with a bag of goodies.
The place was horncastle arena. I called it hornbrook in earlier post. Mistake mine!!
The place would be considered small to murican standards.

Russ

Although we've been to a food fair today I ate nothing, my mate butcher had the equivalent of a two course meal in samples. And came away with a bag of goodies.
The place was horncastle arena. I called it hornbrook in earlier post. Mistake mine!!
The place would be considered small to murican standards.

Russ

Yeah, that's pretty small -- 8,880 maximum seating. AT&T Stadium in Dallas seats a maximum of 105,000. It has a roof that opens and closes.

CD

Yeah, that's pretty small -- 8,880 maximum seating. AT&T Stadium in Dallas seats a maximum of 105,000. It has a roof that opens and closes.

CD

Hello that's bigger than Texas,lol. This is covered. We are getting a new stadium with roof opening and closing as well. We lost our big one in earthquakes. Our rugby team still playing in temporary parks.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom