What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a pig's trotter/pork terrine....

View: https://youtu.be/kZU-fAivIZM

X2 dieting, or just cutting back. I put on 5 kgs during lockdown.

Russ
Neither mate at present. I was just joking because I forgot to take a pic of the weekday pud Blood oranges.
Mrs B is making a twist on the Croatian national pud palacinke or pancakes for my weekend treat. The twist is she will make a chocolate ganache mixed with ground hazelnuts. Spread the mixture on the pancakes and stack to make a cake. We got some excellent stewing veal yesterday. I brown it with onions and carrots. It is bubbling away in the slow cooker with dried reconstituted porcini mushrooms and their liquid. Tomorrow I will make a monsta meat pie inspired by LissaC

Here's is my deep fried ice cream burger. I won't enter it as an entry for the challenge as mentioned before, because it was a total mess eating it. if you're interested please read the spoiler.
first problem was the bun. My plan was to deep fry two pieces of french puff pastry and I didn't manage to roll out a high quality puff pastry which can be used for crescents, so I ended up with low quality puff pastry. That wasn't by far a big problem, but the next failure was the amount of ice cream I've used, it was about 225g, as my burger shaper (a terracotta creme brulee dish) could hold that much and after I tried some good bites the frozen ice cream hit my bad teeth while the outer layer melted into liquid. It was still entertaining to eat that burger
img_20210409_1254365438283576486792775.jpg

A few days ago I also prepared Lebkuchen (like gingerbread) for Christmas, because I heard the best Lebkuchen has to rest about two months before baking it and another six months after baking it.
Stay healthy

Here's is my deep fried ice cream burger. I won't enter it as an entry for the challenge as mentioned before, because it was a total mess eating it. if you're interested please read the spoiler.
first problem was the bun. My plan was to deep fry two pieces of french puff pastry and I didn't manage to roll out a high quality puff pastry which can be used for crescents, so I ended up with low quality puff pastry. That wasn't by far a big problem, but the next failure was the amount of ice cream I've used, it was about 225g, as my burger shaper (a terracotta creme brulee dish) could hold that much and after I tried some good bites the frozen ice cream hit my bad teeth while the outer layer melted into liquid. It was still entertaining to eat that burger
View attachment 60873
A few days ago I also prepared Lebkuchen (like gingerbread) for Christmas, because I heard the best Lebkuchen has to rest about two months before baking it and another six months after baking it.
Stay healthy
I don't even like ice cream, and I think that's pretty awesome. Even if it didn't turn out the way you wanted, that's very creative on your part.

Fajitas inspired dish for lunch. Kid had hers with the meat balls, chopped, heated, grated Edam, corn, tomatoes,green onion. I had cream cheese, grated Edam, corn, tomato, green onion, some with a taco spicing, some with chillli flakes. It tasted sooo good. Good lunch. And the Superpower stew on side. Strawberries for dessert. Lovely.

I understand, but at the same time I am sad it's not an entry. It sounds absolutely delicious to me!

View attachment 60873
Stay healthy

I love the idea! The pastry looks as if its battered. Is that how puff pastry looks if its deep fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom