What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 60904

Blueberry muffins, as far as the eye can see. I don’t normally make sweet things, but after making my Bacon Bunty, my wife asked if I can make something sweet for a change. LOL. There are 3 cups of blueberries distributed between the 24 muffins. Yep: I like blueberries just a little bit. I will post a recipe later.

I like blueberry muffins, but they don't like me.

CD

I like Arby's, but there aren't any of them anywhere around here.

It's been a while I know and this isn't my own creation.

It was flu jabs today and that meant fitting into someone else's schedule and it right work out well with lunch and getting home. So despite the fact it was only 11°C out but sunshine and clouds and very windy, we are out, literally.

We used to use the restaurant quite a bit, pre covid, but they are weekends only now and a cafe during the week that whilst it does some food, won't deviate from the menu and doesn't have anything vegan. I've complained several times because in the past, they made me something, even if it was only sourdough toast with smashed avo.

But they have taken mine and probably many others, moans to hand and during covid have redone their menu. There is no dedicated vegan option yet, but 3 or 4 items were vegan option available, aka omit something... in this case it was the mini mozzarella balls that start with bro... I can't recall the rest. And yes was exceptionally good. Hubby was happy with his option as well which always helps.

Shashlyk gone veg, or I'll think of a better name, corn ciabatta bun, cheese, fresh veges on skewers, with an aubergine dip. This was actually lunch, but is also my second entry fo the Bun challenge, will post recipe shortly. Totally yum. Love the ciabatta bun cubes grilled in butter and dry dill, coudn't wait to get to them while eating. Did the aubergine baking last night, but was too tired to post pics. Apart from that, it is a very quick fix, and it looks good and tastes great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom