What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for Yorky

Thick cut, dry cure bacon and a runny yolk.

Had this for snack. An experiment with two goals. a) make own healthy sweet buns b) learn to caramelize.

The sweet buns (rye flour 1/3, AP 2/3, 2 tbsp grated coconut flakes, 1 tsp roasted sesame, two tbsp brown sugar, baking soda, water/almond milk in 2/3:1/3).
Perhaps lack some spicing (anis maybe good, never tried baking with anis, will do). On the other hand it was neutral enough so that I could shift them both in the sweet and salty direction for the bun challenge. Not sure if I will, but it is fun to study.

Caramelizing partially successfull, because I threw in the bun crumbles, but sprinkled with cinammon and fresh celery stalk and orange, it was actually all right. The celery stalk was so neutral but crunchy and the oranges juicy and I felt these both lifted the whole combo.:smug:

Crisps (chips to you) - how do you eat them?
Very gently, like a princess. :laugh:

There are some things I do touch, you just can't help it, but if I can get at it with a knife, fork, or spoon, I usually do.

Pizza...almost always a knife and fork. Even sandwiches and burgers, messy hot dogs, ribs if they're cooked long enough (probably too long), those sometimes get the knife-and-fork treatment.

I never realized a person could even eat a sandwich with utensils until I moved to the UK and I saw a couple of local employees doing so, and I fell in love with a coworker here when, at the very first group lunch I went out to, she ordered a burger...and very delicately devoured it using a knife and fork.

I'm trying to work up to hot wings with utensils, and there is a woman on YT who demonstrates it, so there's hope for me yet. :laugh:

I probably should post this in the peeves topic. 😜

Very gently, like a princess. :laugh:

There are some things I do touch, you just can't help it, but if I can get at it with a knife, fork, or spoon, I usually do.

Pizza...almost always a knife and fork. Even sandwiches and burgers, messy hot dogs, ribs if they're cooked long enough (probably too long), those sometimes get the knife-and-fork treatment.

I never realized a person could even eat a sandwich with utensils until I moved to the UK and I saw a couple of local employees doing so, and I fell in love with a coworker here when, at the very first group lunch I went out to, she ordered a burger...and very delicately devoured it using a knife and fork.

I'm trying to work up to hot wings with utensils, and there is a woman on YT who demonstrates it, so there's hope for me yet. :laugh:

I probably should post this in the peeves topic. 😜

This forum is worth my time just to get to know you. :scratchhead:

You do realize that another person famous for eating pizza and fried chicken (KFC) with a knife and fork is Donald Trump. Chicken wings? :ohmy:

BTW, I know eating pizza with a knife and fork in Italy is fine -- that's what people around me did in Napoli, so I did the same. But in Merca, it is weird -- in NYC, it could get you arrested.

CD

I needed to grind some beef for an entry to the burger bun challenge, and ONE piece of the meat grinder attachment for my KA stand mixer is missing. I will find it -- after I don't need it. :facepalm:

So, I used my food processor, and it worked rather well. It is a course grind, but I'm okay with that for this burger idea.

I'll either make it today or tomorrow. Stay tuned.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom