What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum is worth my time just to get to know you. :scratchhead:
Hold on, let me finish with my eatin' tweezers and I'll get back to you...

What is it? (Please don't say hummus)

CD
I should say, I don't particularly care for hummus, it falls into that vast category of dishes I could eat again tomorrow or never eat again and be perfectly fine either way.

MrsT loves it, however, and she's already pointed out that I failed to make it at all last summer, so for our first "front porch snack" of the season...I made her hummus.

...and yes, she likes it so much, she wiped the bowl out with her finger. She doesn't suffer the same food-touching issues I do. :laugh:

I should say, I don't particularly care for hummus, it falls into that vast category of dishes I could eat again tomorrow or never eat again and be perfectly fine either way.

MrsT loves it, however, and she's already pointed out that I failed to make it at all last summer, so for our first "front porch snack" of the season...I made her hummus.

...and yes, she likes it so much, she wiped the bowl out with her finger. She doesn't suffer the same food-touching issues I do. :laugh:

Hummus is one of those foods that millions of people like, that I just do not like.

CD

Texas Smoked Brisket Burger -- Home-ground fatty brisket, slow smoked on the Weber with hickory wood. Topped with some sweet/hot BBQ sauce, sliced Texas 1015 sweet onions, and sliced dill pickles. Ordinary white-bread bun -- just like you would find at a traditional Central Texas Smokehouse.

BrisketBurger001.jpg

CD

47AB4479-5E63-4051-BFA6-40B6E8138A9A.jpeg

The fried egg has been unleashed. I now want to put it on everything. This is 4 ounces of ground chuck with homemade kimchi and a spicy mayo made from canola oil mayo and homemade harissa. Canola oil mayo taste like regular mayo, except that it is only 40 cal instead of 100 cal per serving. Many napkins were involved, too.

Texas Smoked Brisket Burger -- Home-ground fatty brisket, slow smoked on the Weber with hickory wood. Topped with some sweet/hot BBQ sauce, sliced Texas 1015 sweet onions, and sliced dill pickles. Ordinary white-bread bun -- just like you would find at a traditional Central Texas Smokehouse.

View attachment 60975

CD

Brisket burgers are expensive, but worth it. My ground chuck in my post was excellent, but now I want to make a brisket burger again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom